Hello Everybody,

I am new to this site and wish that I had found it earlier. I have an iPhone that is running 1.1.2 and is already activated on the AT&T network. I would like to modify my icons and add applications. Is this something that I have to hack the phone to do and if so will I get in trouble with AT&T for violating some contract? I have looked through iTunes and have not found an area where I can add applications but may just be overlooking it. Anyway, I have spent a good amount of time looking over all of your posts and have found you to be a very talented group and will look forward to hearing from anyone who can give me some advice.

Thanks,
    GenghisPhlip
    2008-01-13 07:14 AM
    In order for you to mod your phone you will need to jailbreak it (allow read/write access to put on apps). Jailbreaking is not supported by Apple, and therfore the warranty is voided if apple catch you with applications on the phone, but you do not violate the contract with AT&T by modding your phone. If you need to use the warranty to repair your phone later on, there are ways to revert your phone back to a state as if you never touched it, then Apple won't know, and won't void your warranty.
    In short, feel free to mod your phone, just be careful not to get caught out by Apple and their updates.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-01-13 at 12:54 PM.
    2008-01-13 12:47 PM
    And because you are new to this, always look around for feedback on an app here or the app's googlecode page, or the more info section in installer before installing to see if there are any bugs in the program...
    2008-01-13 05:16 PM
    Thanks dale1v & ajl917. Can either of you or any one else tell me, or direct me to information about jailbreaking an iPhone that is currently activated and on the AT&T network? Will my phone be booted from the network leaving me to set it back up or will that not be effected at all?

GenghisPhlip
    2008-01-14 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD