User Tag List

Im sure the questions have been asked before but i couldn't find the info anywhere, so apologies in advance.

Im thinking of buying a uk iPhone from the apple store in a few days time but needed some info first, im assuming a new phone will be 1.1.2 out of the box, so......

1) will i be able activate/jailbreak it, and if i do will it work with my contract O2 sim or not?
    (Ive been led to believe it will only work with the bundled O2 sim)

2) considering they only want people to be paying via credit/debit card are there any repercussions on buying an iphone then not properly actvating or returning it?

Thanks in advance.
    2008-01-14 06:24 AM
    Yes you can downgrade, jailbreak and activate and use ANY 02 PAYG/Contract or TESCO sim cards on it. Therefore it will work with your current O2 contract. I give you my word, 100% positive I have the exact same circumstance myself.

No, they don't know if you activated it or not as your not using the sim card they gave you. All they know is that you bought an iPhone, if they do EVER ask you (and again im 100% positive they won't) just say your keeping it as a gift.
    2008-01-14 07:46 PM
    yes totally right mines a 1.1.2 OTB and im using my o2 pay n go sim.
    2008-01-14 08:29 PM
    Thanks alot for the reply guys really appreciate it ill probably get the phone tomorrow if i can sort out my new and improved problem, which is...... on the step where i have to upgrade back to 1.1.2 (after jailbreaking 1.1.1) wont itunes tell me to upgrade to 1.1.3, now what should i do?

EDIT: I downloaded the 1.1.2 update (iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw), is it ok if I install it the same way i downgrade to 1.1.1??
    Last edited by kakkaroto; 2008-01-16 at 02:50 AM.
    2008-01-15 11:17 PM
    Well i,ve had my iphone for a few weeks now and im not allowed to activate it with o2 before my current contract finishes, Is there a way i can unlock it without o2 which wont void the warrenty with o2 and therefore muck up my contract ?
    2008-05-04 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD