User Tag List

View Poll Results: what should i do with this iphone i found???

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep it and get it activated and say screw it.

66 33.33%
  • do my best to find the users information and contact them

136 68.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    i am on a small vacation on the west coast of the us. i am from the east coast. not like that matters, but i found an iphone here. there is 10% left on the battery and i cant find anything on here without it turning off. what should i do? i was able to go to the settings and find it only has less than an hour usage. maybe someone hasnt set up their information on here. i dont know. i have never used an iphone before. should i just do my best to find the information and if there is no, should i keep it? i have verizon right now though. so i would have to cancel it to get my number on the iphone. . . .
    2008-01-14 08:29 PM
    the iPhones have to be bought with a credit debit card, so either call into a apple store or ring at&t and give them the phones serial and imei numbers they can trace the owner.. Do the right thing .
    2008-01-14 08:33 PM
    keep it lol j/k do what you wanna do
    2008-01-14 08:37 PM
    i am tossed here with diffrent opinions. i have my own. both of them. heh. i am not a theif or anything like that. but i found it in a bar, on the floor, 3am. i was like hey, there is my new phone. an iPhone. heh. yeaahhhh.. now i have feelings that i should get in touch with the owner. but then, i go back to the other feelings. heh.
    2008-01-14 08:43 PM
    If you lost your phone in a bar, would you want it back?
    2008-01-14 08:56 PM
    I'd give it to the owner of the bar, but first I'd check the phones' contact list and call a number and tell whoever to tell the iPhone owner that you've left it in the bar for him to pick up. I would hate it if someone took my belongings and they knew they could of returned it, but this situation is just a simple matter of keeping your moral compass pointing North.
    2008-01-14 08:59 PM
    if i lost my phone i would want it back the difference is in the person finding the phone, 1 in a million would give it back the question is are you that 1

besides you can find them out here stolen not from people but right in the box in all they fall out of trucks out here
    Last edited by thebambino; 2008-01-14 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-14 09:03 PM
    Call 1-800-MY-APPLE. Tell them your story and they will be glad to get the phone back to it's rightful owner. He/she is probably worried sick about it right now. I know I would be.

GenghisPhlip
    2008-01-14 09:50 PM
    hmmm I voted to keep it but then you could return it for a nominal fee....
    2008-01-14 10:22 PM
    i am leaving to go back home today and have no way of getting it back unless i ship it back here from home. i DO plan on doing what i can. i just needed some feedback. i am going to give it my best.

just kinda sucks i found the best phone out there ya know.
    2008-01-14 10:34 PM
    Omg!!!! YOU"VE FOUND MY PHONE!!!!!

j/k nah well if you've tried your best in doing the RIGHT THING and can't find the owner then yell keep it.
    2008-01-14 10:50 PM
    wouldnt i get in trouble trying to activate it?
    2008-01-14 10:58 PM
    how much you want for it ?
    2008-01-15 02:10 AM
    how much you want for it ?
    how much you offering? LOL
    2008-01-15 02:37 AM
    Only a real jerk would keep the phone. Apple or AT&T could locate the person who purchased it in minutes. Don't use the "i'll do what I can" excuse when you know you have no intention of truly returning the phone. Imagine if it was yours. Go to an AT&T store or Apple store and turn in the phone, don't go around knowing you've got something that doesn't belong to you.
    2008-01-15 04:37 AM
    send it to me, ill find the owner
    2008-01-15 05:13 AM
    the RETURNS of BLESSING for doing the RIGHT THING is more...compare of being greedy to have a thing which is not urs ;-) hope u understand this.

LIFE is SHORT so better to do what is RIGHT! SO LIFE will be meaningful ;-)
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!
    2008-01-16 11:26 AM
    Return it. It sounds to me that you have already made up your mind on keeping it. If you want an iPhone buy it. What goes around comes around. It shouldn't be that hard to find the owner as all thier info of thier life is on that phone. You take it just wait for the favor to be returned and it is always worse. 5150 is that from the welfare institution codes? if it is then your a cop and a cop should not have to ask what to do.
    2008-01-16 02:13 PM
    this one is hard one ..... ii would be worry sick if i loss my Iphone.... DO YOU HAVE ONE????????
    2008-01-17 12:13 AM
    i am buying a charger tommorow on my lunch break for $4 here locally on craigslist. i will charge it up and go through the phone and make some calls to the last few people called. once the people call me i will ask them if i can keep it and they can use their insurance to go get a new one. no no, im just kidding, good idea though huh. heh, i am going to give the phone back guys.

i was in the military and was given a nickname that goes along with an old 82nd airborne creed using 5150 in it. no i am not a stupid cop. but one thing i learned in the military was integrity. (always doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking)

i am buying a charger tommorow on my lunch break for $4 here locally on craigslist. i will charge it up and go through the phone and make some calls to the last few people called. once the people call me i will ask them if i can keep it and they can use their insurance to go get a new one. no no, im just kidding, good idea though huh. heh, i am going to give the phone back guys.

i was in the military and was given a nickname that goes along with an old 82nd airborne creed using 5150 in it. no i am not a stupid cop. but one thing i learned in the military was integrity. (always doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking)
    2008-01-17 03:51 AM
73 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD