--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the info concerning the iPhone. I am presently with At&T without contract. I explained the salesman that I was interested to buy the iPhone 3G with a 3 years contract, with my actual fixed rate, WITHOUT DATA, because I want to only use the Wi-Fi spot.
    The problem is that the salesman says I must take the DATA cause even if the 3G service is deactivated on the iphone, and I try using the WI-FI installed at home, it wont work. AT&T will be the network connecting to my iphone automatically( not the 3G because I desactivate it on the iPhone), and itd be very expensive. How could I be completely sure that Intenet works with the WI-FI only and not with the 3G service or AT&T to avoid extreme monthly bills.
    Is there any way on the iPhone to be complety sure that the AT&T network will not run!
    Thank you!
    Frank
    2008-07-25 04:50 AM
    you have to sign up for ATT's iphone plan when you purchase the iphone with a 2 year contract extension, not 3 years. not sure why your wifi isn't working
    2008-07-25 04:54 AM
    Well, you can start by switching the 3g option off in the settings>network. Then when you go into Wifi you should see your home network listed. Once connected to your home network you can see a Wifi icon in the upper left corner just to the right of the AT&T carrier name. When browsing the net or passing data through the iPhone as long as that is there then you are good.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?
    2008-07-25 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD