My wifi is causing me a few problems, up untill yesterday my wifi was fine.. but then all of a sudden if disconnects after my phone has been asleep for a few mins.. i know its ment to disconnect when the phone sleeps but it doesnt automatically reconnect when it wakes up?
    Does anyone know why this is?
    I did change my EDGE settings yesterday as they went wrong.. i dont know if that has anything to do with it or if it is just a coincedence.
    All help will be much appreciated
    2008-01-16 11:23 AM
    I had noticed the same thing but I discovered that if I have a strong wifi signal, if I just wait (maybe 15-30 seconds) the wifi will come on. However, if the wifi signal is somewhat weaker it will frequently drop back to EDGE which is annoying. I'm on ATT so its not a billing issue but if there is wifi, edge is so darn slow. I once tried turning edge off but it didnt work.
    I did install John Tool and that kept the wifi connecton on during sleep mode, but it ate my battery life (at least I think it did). Uninstalling that app didnt help the battery life issue either, but had to do a full restore.
    2008-01-16 02:31 PM
    I too had this same problem and reboots don't help. Up until this point I have found no solution though the new 1.1.3 seems to help quite a bit.
    2008-01-16 04:04 PM
    its odd becasue i am right next to the router...

i will have a play tonight and report back

it connects automatically to other wifi networks that is has in its memory... maybe it will be a case of forgetting the network and reconnecting to it
    2008-01-16 04:42 PM
    You might also want to try resetting your router. I had some other network issues with multiple devices. If you are set to automatically assign IP's the routher sometimes gets confused and creates an IP conflict within your home network. A router reset will fix that.
    2008-01-16 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD