Ok guys im going to be getting a 3G iphone soon but i have a question, Is there anyway to get one without having to enter the contact? I have seen people on ebay advertising them as "no contract"

Any ideas?

Thanks
    2008-07-26 12:37 AM
    soon...Apple and ATT will give you a choice of buying the phone itself without activation....but it'll cost you... $600 for the 8G and $700 for the 16G.....i just dont know when though. This is why people on Ebay and Craigslist are selling them for around $800 - $1000. This way they would make a few bucks.

Here's how... say i bought a 8G at ATT and paid $200 with 2 yrs contract... two weeks later i decided to cancel the contract...hence $175 fine for breaching the contract i have to pay...now, the full price of the 8G is $600, since i already paid $200 when i first signed up..i now owe ATT the balance which is $400.... that's the total of $775 that i have to cough out...but if i can sell it for $900..i would profit $125.

Too much work for me...but heyyyyy some people do this for a living....anything they can get their hands on to make a few bucks..they will.
    2008-07-26 01:55 AM
    Ya at the moment the ones on ebay are no contract because people have bought them.... and are selling them or they might even be stolen some places like U.K sell them without but in north america it's pretty much required I think.........
    I would wait till jan...... and see what happens....... considering..... the price probably will drop............ they might release a new model 32gb or front camera or something like that who knows.....
    2008-07-26 07:03 AM
    Thanks for the replys, i live in the UK by the way so i cant do the whole cancel thing, I noticed carphone warehouse is selling them online, I wonder if there is some way to get it that way :/
    2008-07-26 12:13 PM
    when you buy it online with carphone warehouse they first do the credit check before you can go any further
    after that you need to pay what ever for the contract and that is the date your contract will need to be payed on (obiously) lol

I just took it out over the internet. you need to join a contract =]
    Imogen Callaway

I love my Macbook called Jeremy!!!!
    Once you have had mac you will never go back!
    2008-07-27 03:29 AM
    Thanks guys, but its cool now i got a new one of ebay so im not in a contract now Just need to wait for the unlock to come, i hope its soon
    2008-07-28 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD