I was trying to get the 2.0 firmware last night... so I downloaded the IPSW from the apple site. I opened up winpwn and created an a custom firmware... the first time, it failed, but I tried again, and it successfully created an modified IPSW. I pwned iTunes, and did a restore with the custom firmware. I tried making calls, or getting onto my Wifi network, but it didn't work.. so I decided to try making another custom firmware. I did the whole process again, and this time, I didn't check the upgrade baseband option... So... It successfully worked.. and I pwned iTunes again, but this time, when I tried to restore.. it gave me error 1604. I tried and tried, and tried, but it simply would not work! My friend told me that I should downgrade to 1.1.4, pwn it, and then I should try to upgrade to 2.0. I did a google search on some tut's on how to downgrade to 1.1.4, and I found one on Sleepers.net. I uninstalled Apple Mobile Device support, and installed the Apple Mobile Device Support from a 7.5 iTunes installer... once I did that, and I plugged in the iPhone to my computer, it went into recovery mode. I figured I'd have to put it into DFU mode, so I pressed home and the lock button for 10 secs, then let go of teh lock button, and left the home button pressed and waited till my computer would recognize it. It did. It installed the iboot driver or something (I have Windows BTW) and then I tried doing a restore to 1.1.4... still the 1604 error... I unplugged it.. and turned it off... but now I can't turn it back on!!! I've tried everything... Can anyone help?

I'd also appreciate it if I could get some help on getting 2.0 on my phone as well

Thanks for stopping by!

FIXED!!!!
    Last edited by Moniz123; 2008-07-27 at 03:41 AM.
    2008-07-26 09:23 PM
    try holding the off button and home button down together phone will hopefully reboot after 20 secs or so
    2008-07-28 07:31 PM
    If the above suggestion doesn't work, you can try this:
    1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and hold the home button, when iTunes says it found an iPhone in restore mode, ignore it.
    2. Hold the sleep and home buttons until the screen goes blank.
    3. When the screen goes blank, let go of the sleep button.
    4. Hold down the home button for EXACTLY 10 seconds.
    If the screen is still black, you did it, restore the iPhone in iTunes, if the screen turns on, try it again.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS
    2008-07-28 08:08 PM
    if i restore my 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone, will it still be jailbroken and will i still have everything i have in it including the installer? im afraid to do it cuz i might restore it to factory setting and i might need it to be jailbroken again. i need help, i miss using my iphone. thanks guys!
    2008-07-29 09:14 PM
    if i restore my 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone, will it still be jailbroken and will i still have everything i have in it including the installer? im afraid to do it cuz i might restore it to factory setting and i might need it to be jailbroken again. i need help, i miss using my iphone. thanks guys!
    You're hijacking the thread, so long story short, if you restore everything on your iPhone will be erased.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-07-29 09:22 PM
    You're hijacking the thread, so long story short, if you restore everything on your iPhone will be erased.
    sorry for highjacking but thanks anyways for clarifying. so, is there a way i can fix the problem without restoring it? thanks!
    2008-07-29 09:30 PM
    what is your problem anyway? you never mentioned it
    2008-07-30 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD