Is there any way to set a song as an alarm?

or do I have to convert that song into a 40sec clip then upload it as a ringtone?

thanks for all the help.
    2008-01-18 01:13 AM
    make it into a ringtone then set it as your alarm, if your phone is jailbroken this is easy install Sendsong it will let you right on your phone make any song a ringtone.
    2008-01-18 03:18 AM
    make it into a ringtone then set it as your alarm, if your phone is jailbroken this is easy install Sendsong it will let you right on your phone make any song a ringtone.
    i used sendsong but the ringtone disappear after like an hour or something =/
    2008-01-18 03:32 AM
    Does Sendsong make the whole song a ringtone or will it cut it down to 40secs or so?

thanks for the help.
    2008-01-18 06:10 AM
    Does Sendsong make the whole song a ringtone or will it cut it down to 40secs or so?

thanks for the help.
    Sendsong uses the whole song. but you can use a freeware program (like audacity for windows) to cut a song, change the volume, really alter whatever you want and then just use sendsong once the song has been synced to itunes.

If you are looking for a mac equivalent I think garageband will do the trick (though this isn't free). There may be be a free one, but I don't know of it.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-18 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-18 06:38 AM
    Is sendsong stable for 1.1.2 and does it allow any file type to become a ringtone?

Thanks a lot for all the help.
    2008-01-18 07:25 AM
    I found a trick to set a song as alarm.
    Not very user friendly as you need 2 command line tools.

I explain all the sequence on that french forum but quite easy to anybody knowing about command lines

http://www.sosiphone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=451

The only small yhing, the admin choose regsitration first to allows access due to his FAI bandwidth limitation
    2008-04-02 01:28 AM
    Forget the bad idea of sosiphone,

First they ask you to register, it's so bad......
    Second they unlock your iphone for money !!! it's really abusing !!!

Forget the sequence of sosiphone, go and have a look at iphone-france.

You have the source : rep.iphone-france.mobi/rep

More help : http://iphone-france.keuf.net
    No spam!!!!!!
    2008-05-10 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD