I was browsing some crash report plists (the ones that are sent to apple) and noticed a string that included info about "Thermal Sensors"...

At the time of the report my Thermal level was 0, and my thermal sensors read 3306 3599 3023 3087.

I didnt realize the phone had thermal sensors? Anyone else know anything about this?
    2008-07-27 08:01 PM
    I've noticed that when I use the GPS in my car, with 3G enabled, and with the phone sitting in the windshield, the back of the phone sometimes gets VERY warm. After a while, depending on how much sun there is, etc., the battery indicator switches to "plugged in" instead of "charging." (even when the battery is not yet fully charged) I assume the battery stops charging when the iPhone gets too warm to prevent damage to the battery. If this is the case, then yes... the iPhone must have at least 1 thermal sensor in it!

Now, on a warm day, I point one of my air conditioning vents at the back of the phone... since I have done this, I haven't had an issue with the phone not charging while in the car.
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!
    2008-07-27 08:35 PM
    yeah dude the screen responds to heat as well, that why you can only touch it with skin.
    2008-07-27 10:18 PM
    I've noticed that when I use the GPS in my car, with 3G enabled, and with the phone sitting in the windshield, the back of the phone sometimes gets VERY warm. After a while, depending on how much sun there is, etc., the battery indicator switches to "plugged in" instead of "charging." (even when the battery is not yet fully charged) I assume the battery stops charging when the iPhone gets too warm to prevent damage to the battery. If this is the case, then yes... the iPhone must have at least 1 thermal sensor in it!

Now, on a warm day, I point one of my air conditioning vents at the back of the phone... since I have done this, I haven't had an issue with the phone not charging while in the car.
    I noticed this today as well. Unfountanly for me i drive a jeep with no A/C. Will my iphone be ok in the car with maps and GPS running while trying to charge, or will that shorten its life span?
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone
    2008-07-27 10:30 PM
    I 'm new! I want to download some games on my new 3G
    2008-07-27 10:44 PM
    I 'm new! I want to download some games on my new 3G
    Why dont you look through your app store and stop wasting your and our time by posting in the wrong thread.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone
    2008-07-27 10:53 PM
    yeah dude the screen responds to heat as well, that why you can only touch it with skin.
    Fail.
    2008-07-27 10:58 PM
    How the iPhone screen works... very cool!

HowStuffWorks "How do touch-screen monitors know where you're touching?"
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!
    2008-07-28 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD