I am not understanding something.

Where do I have to navigate to change the home screen wallpaper? I already have a wallpaper set for the lock screen. However, in SummerBoard, I turned off "Theme wallpaper" and the front screen has a black wallpaper. When I turn it on.. both my lock and front screen have the same wallpaper.

I am kind of confused. help?

I want to have a different wallpaper for the home screen, not the same as my locked screen wallpaper.
    2008-07-27 10:16 PM
    Damn. I was expecting some thread about a family member having cancer, or your house being repossessed.

But hey, it's only your iphone wallpaper! No biggie
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-07-27 10:20 PM
    Damn. I was expecting some thread about a family member having cancer, or your house being repossessed.

Lol.. I wanted some attention.
    2008-07-27 10:24 PM
    Title got my interest. Content has me leaving.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2008-07-27 10:33 PM
    Title got my interest. Content has me leaving.
    Come on! It's probably a simple question for you guys. I got my iPhone two days ago and I don't expect myself to know this. Although I already modded the icons, etc.
    2008-07-27 10:40 PM

Hahah same here, although I can't really help you with the problem not sure how to set it up as I don't have a working iPhone right now.
    2008-07-27 11:20 PM
    Search. The only way to do it right now is the old school way, like when the iPhone 2g first came out. You would have to attach the wallpaper to the dock icon, then cut out holes in the shape of the icons to let them show through. It is not hard, but time consuming. Your better off just waiting for summerboard or customize.
    2008-07-27 11:30 PM
    Search. The only way to do it right now is the old school way, like when the iPhone 2g first came out. You would have to attach the wallpaper to the dock icon, then cut out holes in the shape of the icons to let them show through. It is not hard, but time consuming. Your better off just waiting for summerboard or customize.
    What? I am running 1.1.4 and I already have Summerboard?
    2008-07-28 02:02 AM
    BUMP!!!

I am using 1.1.4, not 2.0
    2008-07-29 09:52 PM
    There's Wallpaper, and there's Theme Wallpaper. To make your Homescreen wallpaper different than your lock wallpaper, you have to install a Theme wallpaper and turn it on.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-07-29 10:03 PM
    As far as i know you can only have the 2 different wallpapers if u install Kate, but to keep it you need to buy it. You can't do what u want with summerboard.

Hope this helps

EDIT: ok beaten and there is another way
    Last edited by B1naryBand1t; 2008-07-29 at 10:09 PM.
    2008-07-29 10:03 PM
    There's Wallpaper, and there's Theme Wallpaper. To make your Homescreen wallpaper different than your lock wallpaper, you have to install a Theme wallpaper and turn it on.
    I have my Theme in SummBoard set to "Default"

Isn't there any way I can SSH and change the default black wallpaper for the home screen?
    2008-07-29 10:16 PM
    I have my Theme in SummBoard set to "Default"

Isn't there any way I can SSH and change the default black wallpaper for the home screen?
    None. The black isn't a wallpaper, it's a void, hence its black.

Summerboard and Kate are the only ways. SSH into your phone to:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Summerboard and swap out the wallpaper (if there is one) with your own. If you have Wallpaper themes turned on and respring, you should see the new wallpaper.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-07-29 10:20 PM
    wha!!!!!!
    2008-07-29 10:21 PM
    None. The black isn't a wallpaper, it's a void, hence its black.

Summerboard and Kate are the only ways. SSH into your phone to:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Summerboard and swap out the wallpaper (if there is one) with your own. If you have Wallpaper themes turned on and respring, you should see the new wallpaper.
    WOAH!!

Thank you so much for the help. You are DA MAN!!!

I SSH'ed to /private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Summerboard then I went to the "Default" folder and there was a Wallpaper.png - I basically uploaded another wallpaper and replaced it.

In SummerBoard, my theme is set to Default along with Theme Wallpaper being turned ON.

THANKS AGAIN!
    2008-07-29 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD