I have difference IMEI Numbers on my iPhone Preferences and on my box. Is that normal?
    2008-01-18 05:53 PM
    they are supposed to match.....if its an open box iphone..they got switched...

if its NIB....and they dont match...thats a factory issue..

sounds like u bought a phone and someone put a different iphone in a different iphone box... id check to see if its stolen or something.
    2008-01-18 06:09 PM
    No, they should match. What firmware is your iPhone? Did you Jailbreak and unlock your phone? There is a virginize method that repairs your IMEI. Check out http://iphone.unlock.no

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)
    2008-01-18 06:09 PM
    i remember when i had my iphone

the imei on the back of the phone itself was different then the one the software said

so i just went along and thought it was the firmware that changed it
    2008-01-18 09:19 PM
    The back of iPhone has the same number within the iPhone software, but different on the box of iPhone. I think there is no problem right?
    Edit : I checked that site u gave about virginizing, it tells about 0049xxx numbers but my IMEI starts with 011... And I jailbreaked my phone but didn't unlock it so i cant still use it as a phone.
    By the way... my friend says that I should take the iphone to the store of my GSM to activate it with iphone, does unlocking solves those issues?

--
    Cheers
    Last edited by Clinkz; 2008-01-19 at 10:20 AM.
    2008-01-19 10:16 AM
    where did u buy it from??

it doesnt really make a difference now..about the imei
    2008-01-19 06:27 PM
    The back of iPhone has the same number within the iPhone software, but different on the box of iPhone. I think there is no problem right?
    Edit : I checked that site u gave about virginizing, it tells about 0049xxx numbers but my IMEI starts with 011... And I jailbreaked my phone but didn't unlock it so i cant still use it as a phone.
    By the way... my friend says that I should take the iphone to the store of my GSM to activate it with iphone, does unlocking solves those issues?

--
    Cheers
    i don't think it really makes a difference. From what you said, I gather you did not buy this iPhone straight from Apple? The way I look at it as long as the IMEI on your phone's software matches the back cover, then it shouldn't be a problem. Also, unlocking it will not solve this issue. The IMEI fix that I told you about it only if you had a pre 1.1.1 iPhone and your IMEI was changed due to unlocking software. That never happened to me but it did happen to some people (I've had mine since 1.0.2).

Also, depending which GSM service provider you are going with for your SIM, they usually will not offer unlocking services. That being said, there are exceptions to the rules.

What firmware do you have? Did you buy it privately (from someone) or was it from a store (internet or brick & mortar)? Was it brand new with the plastic wrapping still on? This may shed some light as to why the IMEI on your box is different to the one on your phone.

cheers,
    e
    2008-01-19 10:27 PM
    It was a present to my dad and he gave it to me without the box, after two months i got the box i guess but i dont care anymore if its not a problem, only thing is:
    If i unlock my phone with softwares, will I be able to use my own SIM card on the phone without any problems (Not AT&T)
    2008-01-22 05:16 PM
    ... If i unlock my phone with softwares, will I be able to use my own SIM card on the phone without any problems (Not AT&T)
    Yes you will be able to use any carrier's SIM card if you are using a software unlock like AnySIM. The same applies if you use a StealthSIM. What firmware is your phone?
    2008-01-22 06:35 PM
    1.1.1, btw I heard iphonesimfree is better than any others :S What unlocking software would u advice to me?
    2008-01-23 02:28 PM
    You have to pay for iphonesimfree (IPSF) software unlock. Go with AnySIM. It free and if you feel compelled to pay money, the Dev Team will gladly accept donations for all their hard work.

Follow the guides on this website. Also, I have used the guides at http://iphone.unlock.no

cheers,
    e
    2008-01-24 05:27 AM
    I already got IPSF on my sources and it says I can download it. I think its free but thanks i will go for anySIM
    Last edited by Clinkz; 2008-01-24 at 04:59 PM.
    2008-01-24 04:56 PM
    If IPSF is available for free, then maybe use that. I've read that it doesn't change the baseband like AnySIM does. I don't have any experience with IPSF, so I can't really comment. I've used AnySIM for all my unlocking purposes (mine, my wife's and several friends' iPhones).

best of luck,
    e
    2008-01-24 06:20 PM
    Thx for all the help
    2008-01-25 01:15 PM
    My pleasure. Glad I could be of assistance.

e
    2008-01-25 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD