User Tag List

Is there anyone out there able to get (patch) the iPhone to be able to simply transfer files (photos, music etc.) via Bluetooth to any other device (pc, mac or phone)? Or are we all going to have to wait for Mr Jobs to deal with the firmware on this one?
    Last edited by nickjaza; 2008-07-28 at 02:30 PM.
    2008-07-28 02:27 PM
    unfortunately, this is not going to happen as it is a hardware issue and the bluetooth chip integrated in the iPhone does not support sending files.
    2008-07-28 02:44 PM
    unfortunately, this is not going to happen as it is a hardware issue and the bluetooth chip integrated in the iPhone does not support sending files.
    thanks for that! big oversight in my opinion.
    2008-07-28 03:04 PM
    in the MMi wiki it clearly states that the bluetooth chip is fully capable of operating the profiles needed to send and recieve files over bluetooth, however, this is never going to happen.

If you bought a song from itunes/ had a song on your phone that your friend with an iphone wanted, you could send it to them for 0.00 over bluetooth.

This is one less itunes sale for apple, and as such, this bluetooth profile will never be enabled.

Use e-mail, all phones support it and its cheaper than MMS and the best alternative to bluetooth.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2008-07-28 07:26 PM
    well i think it is stuped the the iphone cant send and receive any thing ViA the bluetooth i mean think about it they can make it exclusivly for the pic's apart from the song's plus any other phone can send and receive song's i think its will be great that the iphone could do that too..
    2008-11-01 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD