User Tag List

I'm wondering, if I get an Iphone now, jailbreak it, install some third party apps, and turn off Edge with the Netservices.app, and basically use the phone with my current AT&T 3g simcard, will AT&T know that I have an Iphone?

I don't want the data plan for it because I never send text messages, or any of that stuff. I basically want to use the same minutes and family plan that I am on now with my LG CU 500. Will I incure crazy data charges even though I won't use the stocks, weather, maps and all that?

I have WIFI on campus and at home so I don't need to use edge or their data plan. Any suggestions?
    2008-01-19 04:15 PM
    So why do you want this again? Can you not afford $20 a month more?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-01-19 04:34 PM
    No actually I cant, I would rather keep that for my $1300 every 6 months car insurance bill. I'm on a family plan and we have a total of 3 phones, the bill is high enough since my father does not know you can get charged for simple things he used on his current phone now.

I basically don't need to pay 20 bucks a month more for a service that I will barely use. I need a new phone anyway and I like the iphone for wifi, ipod, and youtube, and its interface. I thought on this site, you would get answers to these type of questions..cuz sure as hel AT&T won't tell you.
    2008-01-19 04:40 PM
    If you use iphone like you use current phone will be no other charges incurred.

For eather, youtube etc....just disable edge and get to a wifi hotspot an duse
    2008-01-19 04:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply! I was hoping it would be like that, I mean after all, I will only be calling with it and using wifi.
    2008-01-19 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD