Having just upgraded to 1.1.2 i seem unable to connect to Edge correctly -However it will let me use e-mail & safari, whenever i try YouTube it says no Edge Connection?
    Anybody have a fix for this please?
    2008-01-19 11:56 PM
    i think this is when you are in an area where you have no true edge but running on GPRS or something like that? Someone in modmyi told me this but can't remember quite who and it's like that on my 1.1.2 iPhone, the edge sign without the 'E' comes up quite often for me, but occasionally I do get the 'E' sign.
    2008-01-20 05:25 AM
    Thanks for coming back to me - do you find though that YouTube works even withot the 'E' inside the box - only YouTube works with Wifi but as soon as i turn off Wifi YouTube says needs connection to Edge? Stranger still is that Safari & E-mails still work? Just not YouTube
    2008-01-20 10:41 AM
    Its supposed to signify activating EDGE and it has to do with the new power conservation in 1.1.2 and up. Most of the time its not there for long and you don't really need to worry about it... Just be glad its extending your battery life
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2008-01-20 05:16 PM
    That's is good to know, thanks. However, could you explain then why i can use safari and email but whenever i try to use YouTube it says no Edge connection - despite the box being there (without the E inside) Furthermore, surely not showing an E, but the rest of the box signifies no real power save? (This is by no means a critism just a lack of understanding.)
    2008-01-20 05:21 PM
    Blue Box = GPRS
    Blue Box with White "E" EDGE

You can use Safari and Email with GPRS providing correct APN settings are saved on phone

Because your downloading/streaming video with You Tube then you need high bandwidth thus EDGE thats possibly why you can't use You Tube without EDGE or WIFI connection
    2008-01-20 09:51 PM
    Most helpful answer so far - thanks!
    Any idea how i can get Edge to run again then as it was working previously on my jailbroken 1.1.1 before the upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreaking process.
    2008-01-21 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD