Today while I was watching some movies, I suddenly started to think about how awesomely unique and great would be for our iPhone's to have the Metal Gear Solid menu Sound Fx.

It will be perfect with the iPhone.

I know I'm no the only one who would love to have this app for the iPhone, so try to cooperate with the idea.

This can't be missed out.

It must be done.

Thank you.

On a side note:
    God! If only they release already the iPhone to Puerto Rico...
    2008-07-29 07:34 AM
    If this is not the website to ask this then let me know one.

Thanks.
    2008-07-30 12:12 PM
    hmm it could be done your self easily, just rip the game to the PC,uncompress it and your find the sound files, as far as im aware, just add in customise and its as simple as that.

try google how to uncompress the ps1 iso

goodluck (i cnt help more as im at work~)
    2008-07-30 01:08 PM
    Wow never thought that was going to be.

I still cannot afford an iPhone, so can anyone else try it?
    2008-07-30 08:19 PM
    I don't have an application, but I replaced all my sounds with MGS sounds.

Ringtone - Codec
    Unlock - Turn on codec
    Lock - turn off codec
    New SMS - Item found
    etc.
    2008-07-30 08:35 PM
    What about the navigating sounds?
    The go back and go in and scrolling sounds, from the menu.

Man I have no idea how to do this, but I really wanted to customize the iPhone with this sounds fx when I finally get it.

Thanks a lot
    2008-07-30 09:54 PM
    Found them!! In this attachment there are all kind of MGS sounds.

Now I need a little tutorial on how to make them work in the iPhone.

Thanks!!

I think it's fare that I give the file and get my help eh?
    It wasn't easy to find this
    Attached Files
    2008-07-30 10:47 PM
    1. get the sound you want
    2. convert/save it as .aiff/ .aif file
    3. click on the file extension in the file name (you need to have "view file extensions enabled on your computer), and rename it "(whatever sound you are changing).caf"
    4. make sure you back up your sounds!
    4. SSH into your phone
    5. put desired sound in /System/Library/Audio/UISounds
    6. click yes to overwrite
    7. reboot phone
    8. enjoy (this step is really important)

but it really depends what what sounds you are trying to change. hit me up and ill help you as much as i can. i just did it for the 1st time using a car alarm sound for the lock/unlock and it worked perfectly.
    Last edited by kadinh; 2008-07-31 at 05:42 PM.
    2008-07-31 03:05 AM
    Hark, I am most interested in this idea as well. I'd be working on making an MGS sound pack as well, but my iPhone hasn't come in the mail yet. What other ideas for system sounds did you have?
    2008-07-31 08:50 AM
    Hark, I am most interested in this idea as well. I'd be working on making an MGS sound pack as well, but my iPhone hasn't come in the mail yet. What other ideas for system sounds did you have?
    Jasonisjericho- Thank you for your concerned. Right now I'm most frustrate and sad because I still can't get an iPhone 3G cause it hasn't being release in my country for some reason that I wanna know.

As for the sounds. Well I'mnot sure how will I be able to do it but, I was thinking o manually fully customize most of the sounds ok not all of them but a few. So if I press the main menu button, I will get a sound fx, if I scroll i get another sound, if I press tab an option I get another, if I close a sound is heard, if I open another sound is heard, if i get a txt msg, and ringtone and when I turn off or press standby mode.

I wanted to customize all those with different sounds of MGS sounds fx.

A guy already explained here how to do it, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it.

I'm not sure how risky will that be. If there is an application a safe one that let us customize my own sounds then that would be perfect!

Again thanks.

Well?
    Last edited by Hark; 2008-08-01 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-01 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD