dear ALL,

i'm a new owner of a 1st gen unlocked iphone and a new member here as well. the prev owner recommended the site as the best forum for iphone related topics. he unfortunately didn't have a user guide to give me and what i found at apple.com is for the new 3G only.

can anyone send me a link i could find one...? or send me the pdf if there is... apple was not very helpful of giving me one.

have not synced my phone to my mac yet... however i noticed that
    the iPod icon (last of the 4 at the bottom) is missing. what might have happened and how to restore it?

i thank you for your much appreciated help in advance. will be asking many questions as a real novice w this product and softwares. being a fast learner i hope to help out others in the future...

many cheers, frm the other side of the big pond!

peter
    [email protected]
    2008-07-29 08:47 PM
    technically there is no difference between the 3G iPhone and the first generation iPhone. If you're running on firmware 2.0, you can just go ahead and use the most recent manual you can fine on apple's website. You can go to settings -> general -> about to find out what firmware you're running on

now, for the ipod app icon, it's possible that your springboard (homepage) has been rearranged. is the icon completely gone or just not down there at the dock?
    2008-07-29 10:01 PM
    technically there is no difference between the 3G iPhone and the first generation iPhone. If you're running on firmware 2.0, you can just go ahead and use the most recent manual you can fine on apple's website. You can go to settings -> general -> about to find out what firmware you're running on

now, for the ipod app icon, it's possible that your springboard (homepage) has been rearranged. is the icon completely gone or just not down there at the dock?
    ooohh many thanx... the unlocked phone has the 1.1.4 firmware and not the 2.0... was hoping to get acqainted w the phone in general b4 upgrading... and looking for the manual the learn the basics and beyond...

the iPod icon is gone frm the dock... no i dea where to look for it... not on the homepage either and w/o the manual i am stuck... is it possible that i turned smtg off? i was told that the 4 main icons cannot be deleted.

any suggestion as to where to locate an older manual or how to upgrade w/o re-lucking the phone... i assume it is the concern of many people.... p
    2008-07-29 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD