User Tag List

Ok, so I plug in my iphone one day and it starts spazzing out, it kept repeatedly making the charging sound over and over again then i unplug and do it again and it did it again then i retried then it stopped doing it.. and i think for some reason it has lead to my current problem which is when I plug it into itunes, the memory bar is filled with all "OTHER" content (orange color). Normally it shows how much memory is used for videos, music, pictures, but it seems like it just recognizes it as OTHER. When I navigate through the iphone, none of my photos, music, and videos are there anymore.. I know for a fact the media is in the phone, just that both itunes and iphone doesn't recognize it.. Anyway, if any one knows how to manually delete those files from my iphone so i can resync or any other suggestions, please recommend. I've already tried updating to the latest itunes 7.6.0.29 and no luck. Additionally, I realized before that when I used Swaptunes that Itunes will only recognize the media as OTHER when I've swtched my libraries, but I ran swaptunes again just to double check that it isn't on the other library and it still comes up as OTHER. I'm pretty clueless and any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    2008-01-21 05:53 PM
    I have the same problem. I know the media is still in the Iphone but can't access it and Itunes also sees it as ''other''...
    HELP PLEASE...
    2008-01-22 01:18 PM
    bumpppppppppp for soln
    2008-01-31 05:40 AM
    oh.. You guys forgot to set 'showAllmusicAndotherstuffAsOther' to False... Naw Im just pulling your leg. What I would say is plug it into another pc/mac, it'll want to wipe it clean. If that doesn't work, I believe that deleting the iTunes Control folder should get rid of the music and movies... I think..

Or you could try SwapTunes... I don't know what good that it will do.

Sounds like you had a bad sync, and the DB files are corrupt
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-01-31 06:12 AM
    I'd recommend SSH'ing into your phone and looking in iTunes_Control. I had a similar problem after running SwapTunes. the program had made a second iTunes_Control and my iPhone was looking at that.

I resolved it by chaning the iTunes_Control that I was using to just "iTunes_Control" and deleting the other. Everything went right back to normal.

Don't know if it'll help this specific issue, but you might want to look into it.
    2008-01-31 06:47 AM
    No I dont think that would solve it, cause on my iphone I have never installed swaptune and I got the same problem as him on a 1.1.1 fw. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?
    2008-02-02 01:32 AM
    No I dont think that would solve it, cause on my iphone I have never installed swaptune and I got the same problem as him on a 1.1.1 fw. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?
    had the same problem i installed 300mbfix and it messed it up so i got so mad i restored to 1.1.1 jailbroke ocktoed updated 1.1.2 ibrikered to 1.1.3
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple
    2008-02-02 04:50 AM
    I would say to at least try SwapTunes. Otherwise, try to SSH into the phone and find the stuff and manually delete. Though you haven't installed SwapTunes before, it might help.

EDIT: DO THIS

Go to installer, and download & instal Finder (if you haven't already). Navigate to /private/var/root/Media/ Now delete the iTunes_Control folder. That will erase all videos and music. Now connect to iTunes and it should setup up the phone as if it were just restored.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2008-02-02 at 05:32 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-02-02 05:23 AM
    Hi I have the same problem as you, however I have no idea what I am doing!! did you work out how to fix the problem????

how did you do that???
    Last edited by Runna; 2008-02-02 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-02 06:11 AM
    Did you not see the post directly above yours???
    2008-02-02 07:17 AM
    i tried that.. but still have 3.9 gb of others.. wtf?
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-06-16 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD