My iPhone 3g has been very unstable when installing apps. I have had to restore my first 3G iphone at around 3 times. I am now on my second iPhone after a visit to the apple store. Restored this iPhone around 4 times! I've been trying to figure out whats been going on. When I first install apps directly onto the iPhone with the iPhone app store every thing flys and works great. Then after a while installs start to take longer and longer some more than 20 minutes and then soon my iPhone will just reboot and hang at the apple logo, never gets to the springboard causing me to have to restore my iPhone.

After testing a bunch of things I think I've found the problem. I restored my iPhone, set it up as a new phone in itunes and only synced my contacts and safari book marks. On the iPhone I started to install apps. Apps installed fast, most taking about 20-30 seconds to install after the blue line reaches the end. I installed about 8 apps, then I installed Texas Hold'em . This took a while to install about 5 minutes. The size of the game 128mb is really big compared to the other apps in the store. After installing, I installed a small app an it took about a minute and half to install, seemed slow so I installed another small app took around 3 minutes to install. It seemed like the installs where slowing down. So I uninstalled those 2 apps and Texas Hold'em. I reinstalled the two apps. Each took around 20-30 seconds to install. So then I tried this with super monkey ball its size 35 mb. The install took about 4 minutes. I installed another small app took about minute and 20 seconds, next app about 3 minutes. Each app I installed after this increased in time, taking long and longer. I uninstalled super monkey ball and all the apps I installed after and reinstalled the small apps. Eeach one took no longer than 20-30 seconds.
    There seems to be something wrong when large apps are installed with the iPhone apps store.
    2008-07-31 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD