i have an 8gig iphone currently on t mobile using a pay as you go sim, i recently used the installer on there to install something called Ants and a game called aquarium the Ants program works the little buggers get everywhere! lol however the aquarium icon when touched simply opens then closes again? and my main concern is that i have lost the installer icon from my iphone so i cant even uninstall or try to reinstall the programe? my phone is currently running 1.1.2 firmware and i was advised not to update it on itunes as this may block my phone? What are the benefits of 1.1.4 firmware over the 1.1.2? i love the iphone i think its with out doubt the best phone out with amazing features but i dont know anything about all the technical stuff and have only owbed it for a couple months and advice would be greatly apreciated, Thanks
    2008-07-31 09:44 PM
    1.1.2 is a tough firmware to stick to. if anything happens u can't really stay on 1.1.2 lol

you can upgrade to 1.1.4 if u want, or go straight to 2.0 but you need winpwn or pwnagetool to do so. try to read around a bit on here
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-07-31 11:02 PM
    Thanks for the advice, is it safe to download version 1.1.4 from itunes? because whenever i plug my phone in to trnsfer music etc it asks if i want to upgrade to 1.1.4 is this a safe way of doing it? and i just wondered if you have any idea about the installer icon, as its dissapeared off my phone? how do i get it back??? loool Thanks
    2008-07-31 11:10 PM
    mmm not really there are many guides on how to do this in this forum so it may take a little bit to find there are TONS..

and no do not upgrade from iTunes directly if u have a hacked iPhone
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!
    2008-08-01 03:51 AM
    download 1.1.4 from the download section, then on itunes, hold right shift on ur keypad then restore and then use liberty
    2008-08-01 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD