User Tag List

I know this question has been discussed several times on this forum (and on others-- I googled it), but I haven't been able to find the best answer.
    I have a 1.1.4 Jailbroken iPhone 2G/ 8GB running on T-Mobile with the following applications installed:
    Facebook (Shortcut)
    ESPN (Shortcut)
    Poddle
    iCopter
    CameraPro
    NES
    Video Recorder (Video)
    iPhone Recorder (Voice)
    MxTube
    PhoneZap
    Penguin Panic
    Tris
    iSolitaire
    iBlackjack
    THTouch
    iSlots
    SwirlyMMS
    aMaze!
    Pianist
    Sketches
    iSIM
    IntelliScreen
    Touchpad
    uSirius
    Agile Messenger (AM)
    Fring
    Shuffle
    Your2Face
    Raptor
    Splitter
    Time Capsule
    Converter
    Tap Tap Revenge
    Neverball
    Wallpaper
    PocketTouch
    Moleskine
    Make it Mine (MIM)
    iBlacklist
    File Browser
    Customize
    Cydia
    Navizon
    CalcPaper
    Mobile Chat
    Flashlight
    Capture (Incorporated in 2.0)
    AdBlock

At this point, I have not upgraded to 2.0, but I'm wondering-- should I? Although I would lose most of the programs above, I would gain several new ones including:
    Facebook, AOL Radio, Pandora, Epocrates, Midomi, NYTimes, Google, Movies, MixMeister Scrath, Remote, YellowPages, PayPal, Shazam, Sudoku, and others.

Should I upgrade?? Pros/cons? Is 2.0 stable (I've heard so far that it's not) and is it true cydia slows the iPhone down a considerable amount?

Thanks,
    Matt
    2008-07-31 11:19 PM
    It's all your personal preference.

2008-07-31 11:23 PM
    That wasn't exactly helpful...
    2008-07-31 11:29 PM
    i had a 1.1.4 that was awesome. i only upgraded bc i took a screenshot. and apparently my phone wasn't too pleased with that action and took a dump. this was last week. so i just upgraded. there are apps i miss. i won't lie. but there are things i like about it and am happy to have.

personally, i don't find 2.0 to be unstable. i've heard others who can't make the same claims. in regards to cydia, i've never used the 2.0 phone without it, so i really can't make claims pertaining to the differences. However, it is slower than my 1.1.4 phone. an app starts, and its just hte app artwork for like a second before the app initializes. I will note that today i saw a co-workers 3G - non jailbroken phone do something similar today. although it was over quicker than mine. in any event i hope that is more helpful than the prior post, but i gotta agree. its purely personal preference at this point.
    2008-07-31 11:37 PM
    Bump.
    2008-08-02 07:13 PM
    are you so indecisive you need someone to tell you what to do? It really is a personal preference.

Do you need enterprise/exchange support?
    Do you need push calendars and email?
    Do you need the app store?

Another than that mentioned above, there is not that big of change. One bug or two, maybe but easily fixed in next update.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone
    2008-08-02 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD