i was searching around trying to figure out if there was a solution to the 1000 text message limit, and i finally found one.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306427

did anyone know about this?

now i really want to upgrade to 1.1.3 just for this feature, because i text a lot!
    but i don't want to delete any of them for personal reasons, and i don't want to lose my beloved 3rd party apps and i have been getting that annoying message to delete some messages for the passed week.

damn, that unreleased jailbreak would be awesome right about now.

o well.
    just wanted to share that bit of information, b/c i know a lot of ppl have been asking for a solution.

and sorry if this has already been posted.
    Last edited by relientmt; 2008-01-24 at 01:24 AM.
    2008-01-24 01:21 AM
    There is a hack on Installer that will fix that too.
    2008-01-24 01:27 AM
    got a name for that hack because I can't find it
    2008-01-24 06:37 PM
    i was searching around trying to figure out if there was a solution to the 1000 text message limit, and i finally found one.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306427

did anyone know about this?

now i really want to upgrade to 1.1.3 just for this feature, because i text a lot!
    but i don't want to delete any of them for personal reasons, and i don't want to lose my beloved 3rd party apps and i have been getting that annoying message to delete some messages for the passed week.

damn, that unreleased jailbreak would be awesome right about now.

o well.
    just wanted to share that bit of information, b/c i know a lot of ppl have been asking for a solution.

and sorry if this has already been posted.
    You are still going to lose your third party apps for a while. most of them will be broken even with the jailbreak.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-24 06:39 PM
    There is a hack on Installer that will fix that too.
    Yeah, can you give us the name?
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS
    2008-01-24 06:55 PM
    Yeah, can you give us the name?
    i second that emotion.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
    2008-01-24 07:29 PM
    thirded
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."
    2008-01-24 08:04 PM
    iSMS is removing the 1000 message limit in the next update, very soon check it out its on installer developed by Shawn Chain
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-01-24 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD