Ok, I have an anySIM 1.1 Unlocked iPhone. It has firmware 1.1.1 and it came with 1.1.1 OTB. I want to restore it as the latest update of Customize has caused some issues. I already know how to go into iTunes and select the 1.1.1 firmware file and I have it on my computer. I'm just wondering... Can I just restore my iPhone through iTunes? Would it hurt the baseband or anything since its anySIM unlocked?
    2008-01-25 12:28 AM
    and I have unlocked 1.1.2 iphone upgraded from OTB 1.1.1 with anysim 1.1.2u,,
    and I'm having some issue too I need to restore it what do I do ?
    can i just hit the restore button and the unlock still be there ??

I'm thinking of downgrading to 1.1.1 then do the whole thing over ?? I don't know
    can someone help us please
    2008-01-25 01:09 PM
    someone please help!
    2008-01-25 11:00 PM
    Restore to 1.1.1, virginize then follow this guide:

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._%28Upgrade%29
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped
    2008-01-25 11:46 PM
    I don't want to update to 1.1.2. I just want to restore my phone. Can I just go into iTunes and restore my phone to 1.1.1, then activate and jailbreak?
    2008-01-25 11:55 PM
    Bring up that link and about a quarter way down there should be a link to "the guide to unlock 1.1.1". I think you will need to virginize before you can unlock again...someone correct me if I wrong about that. I'm pretty sure that after the restore, you will be locked again.

Just curious, why don't you want to go to 1.1.2??
    2008-01-26 12:15 AM
    I don't know why I wouldn't. I'm just scared that I'm gonna brick my phone I guess. So I restore in iTunes and then virginize? Wouldn't I have to activate and jailbreak and then virginize with the app in Installer?
    2008-01-26 12:19 AM
    no need to activate just jailbreak then virginize. I know it seems kinda redundant but when I did it without virginizing in the past, I had a whole bunch of crazy issues like it rebooting randomly, freezing when a call or text came in, etc and all intermitently. It drove me crazy
    2008-01-26 12:23 AM
    gosh, now im scared of doing this! ahhhh!

Well, All went well. I performed the restore and everything else, and it went semi-smoothly. lol. I almost cried at one point. But, I'm in good shape now! Thanks for your help!!!!!
    Last edited by aaronhettiger2006; 2008-01-26 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-26 01:10 AM
    Well, All went well. I performed the restore and everything else, and it went semi-smoothly. lol. I almost cried at one point. But, I'm in good shape now! Thanks for your help!!!!!
    2008-01-26 01:11 AM
    Glad to hear it worked for you.

Don't forget the thanks button:-)
    2008-01-26 01:48 AM
    When you didn't virginize after restoring, did you have any problems with SMS not working right? for example: sending texts to someone and them only getting some of them.
    2008-01-27 03:56 AM
    hey... i guess this is a stupid question but i'm planning on restoring my iphone tonight.. i have an unlocked 1.1.1 firmware iphone ... and all i need to do is restore it using itunes ... then jailbreak it with installer .. then virginize it using the method in this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone and then unlock it again using anysim ??

please let me know if the order is wrong or if im missing anythin out... any comments would be greatly appreaciated !! xx
    2008-01-29 12:45 PM
    When you didn't virginize after restoring, did you have any problems with SMS not working right? for example: sending texts to someone and them only getting some of them.
    No. One of the issues I was having was my iPhone not waking from sleep. Also would shut down intermittently. Never had any issues with SMS.

hey... i guess this is a stupid question but i'm planning on restoring my iphone tonight.. i have an unlocked 1.1.1 firmware iphone ... and all i need to do is restore it using itunes ... then jailbreak it with installer .. then virginize it using the method in this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone and then unlock it again using anysim ??

please let me know if the order is wrong or if im missing anythin out... any comments would be greatly appreaciated !! xx
    Try this one after virginizing through installer:

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._%28Upgrade%29

You won't have to go all the way to 1.0.2.
    Last edited by pncntigger; 2008-01-30 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-30 09:09 AM
    sorry... but i want to know how to virginize the phone?.. a link to a guide or a few simple steps would be great..still haven't restored it waiting to understand it fully!! thanks in advance.. xx
    2008-01-31 02:57 AM
    There are a couple of threads on here that explain virginizing but the way I do it is through installer.

After Jailbreaking, install BSD Subsystem (i think its in the "system" category)

Add: i.unlock.no to your sources and refresh then install "the virginizer" from the "Unlocking Tools" category.

After virginizing, you will need to restore to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak and unlock like normal
    2008-01-31 03:17 AM
    plzz someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction... plzz thanks in advance!!
    2008-02-02 04:43 AM
    plzz can someone help me out here..!!! i know it must be an obvious answer.. but a simple link or guide.! plzzzzz ive been waitin since a week to do the restore .. thanks in advance

sorry didnt see ur post.. THANK YOU!!! ... xx
    Last edited by kunalsood.timmy; 2008-02-03 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-03 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD