I have no idea why the iPhone has never been released in Puerto Rico.

You guys have no idea how mad I got after selling my HTC Kaiser in just a few weeks before the 11 of July. The day came and what happened?! NO iPhone!

What should I do?
    What you guys can say to me

I think my only hope is to be able to activate it via iTunes...but it's not possible or is it?
    2008-08-03 03:19 PM
    wouldn't you have known in advance whether the iphone would be released where you are? you can buy the 1st generation iphone, jailbreak and unlock it to use with an unsupported carrier
    2008-08-03 03:32 PM
    Well, if the iPhone were to be released in Puerto Rico, it would definitely be announce anywhere possible by the carrier. If it did, don't expect it to be in stock, or purchasing it without a contract agreement.

Good place to look for is eBay.

The reason Apple may not want the iPhone in Puerto Rico could be it could disrupt the sales of the iPod. Also remember that Peurto Rico is a territory and not official a state, how is the 3G coverage.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 2008-08-03 at 03:59 PM.
    2008-08-03 03:54 PM
    Well, if the iPhone were to be released in Puerto Rico, it would definitely be announce anywhere possible by the carrier. If it did, don't expect it to be in stock, or purchasing it without a contract agreement.

Good place to look for is eBay.

The reason Apple may not want the iPhone in Puerto Rico could be it could disrupt the sales of the iPod. Also remember that Peurto Rico is a territory and not official a state, how is the 3G coverage.
    There are many phones here with 3G technology for few years now, and the Kaiser I sold also had 3G. I still don't get the territory thing because we Puertorricans are part of the USA and still other contries in Latin America got the iPhone.
    2008-08-03 07:18 PM
    Do you have ATT in PR?
    2008-08-03 07:56 PM
    Do you have ATT in PR?
    Of course we do.
    2008-08-03 11:59 PM
    Of course we do.
    LoL all Puertorricans want the FUC....N iPhone 3G but they can, anyway i am from Puerto Rico and i have my 3G Black 16GB i will sell it anyway for $800 if you want it.

Also if you dont trust me ve aqui y verifica mi profile en ebay ! ! !
    Chekeate ! ! !

Compre Este Apple iPhone 3G 8GB BLACK (AT&T or Cingular) BRAND NEW - eBay (item 330253595702 end time Jul-17-08 18:54:27 PDT)

Y Anteriormente Este ! ! !
    Apple iPhone 3G 16GB BLACK in hands ready to ship - eBay (item 260262572176 end time Jul-14-08 19:19:14 PDT)

If you want it let me know, im from Guaynabo
    2008-08-04 12:37 AM
    LoL all Puertorricans want the FUC....N iPhone 3G but they can, anyway i am from Puerto Rico and i have my 3G Black 16GB i will sell it anyway for $800 if you want it.

Also if you dont trust me ve aqui y verifica mi profile en ebay ! ! !
    Chekeate ! ! !

Compre Este Apple iPhone 3G 8GB BLACK (AT&T or Cingular) BRAND NEW - eBay (item 330253595702 end time Jul-17-08 18:54:27 PDT)

Y Anteriormente Este ! ! !
    Apple iPhone 3G 16GB BLACK in hands ready to ship - eBay (item 260262572176 end time Jul-14-08 19:19:14 PDT)

If you want it let me know, im from Guaynabo
    Gracias por tu ayuda.

My brother have the money for the iPhone because i gave it to him. He can get me one from New York and send it to me.

But how will I be able to use it here? Isn't it supposed to be activated in store now?

Or did anyone found a new method to activate it not from the ATT store?

esmandau, if you don't mind. May I have your e-mail address so I can add you to my msn messenger and answer you through there?

Thanks for your help.

esmandau, if you don't mind. May I have your e-mail address, so I can add you to my msn messenger and answer you through there?

Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by Hark; 2008-08-04 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-04 03:40 AM
    AT&T is here in PR yet the iPhone is not. Too many rumors to really know why.

At any rate I have a white 16 Gig I picked up in NY a week ago. 3g works great along with the GPS.

Who knows when they'll decide to bring it here.

By the way to use it with AT&T here in PR an unlock is NOT required, just activation.

This can be accomplished by pwning the phone.
    2008-08-04 06:16 AM
    AT&T is here in PR yet the iPhone is not. Too many rumors to really know why.

At any rate I have a white 16 Gig I picked up in NY a week ago. 3g works great along with the GPS.

Who knows when they'll decide to bring it here.

By the way to use it with AT&T here in PR an unlock is NOT required, just activation.

This can be accomplished by pwning the phone.
    Man.. but how can you buy the Phone without having to activate it in the store?

My brother told me that he has tried and wasn't able to do it.

Bump!
    Last edited by Hark; 2008-08-04 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-04 04:14 PM
    If you have family in the continental US, have them buy it and ship it to you.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone
    2008-08-04 05:02 PM
    Man.. but how can you buy the Phone without having to activate it in the store?

My brother told me that he has tried and wasn't able to do it.

Bump!
    Did activate it in the store...non-PR number.

There were rumors the phone could be bought without a contract...albeit at full price. I didn't look into it however.
    2008-08-04 10:18 PM
    I was just at the apple store here in Michigan and there's no way they were letting me out without activation.. I like my 1st gen anyways.. But if someone needed one I could buy it add it to my plan and you can tell them you want no data plan and no txt plan then it's just 10 a month on my plan and u can cancel the extra line next month with no fee I believe. So let me know if u need one for instore price plus shipping and the 10 bucks extra line cost for a month..
    2008-08-05 01:26 AM
    I was just at the apple store here in Michigan and there's no way they were letting me out without activation.. I like my 1st gen anyways.. But if someone needed one I could buy it add it to my plan and you can tell them you want no data plan and no txt plan then it's just 10 a month on my plan and u can cancel the extra line next month with no fee I believe. So let me know if u need one for instore price plus shipping and the 10 bucks extra line cost for a month..
    Gee man thanks a lot very nice of you for all that help.
    But I don't even know you.

Don't worry about it, my brother might be able to help me.
    Thanks again.
    2008-08-05 08:22 AM
    i would like to know if u have to activate it in store too, couldnt you say its a gift for some1 and you are going to let them activate it since they need to set up the billing and everything for themselves?
    2008-08-05 09:27 AM
    i would like to know if u have to activate it in store too, couldnt you say its a gift for some1 and you are going to let them activate it since they need to set up the billing and everything for themselves?
    I know people who have tried that...denied. It really sucks.
    2008-08-05 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD