i had heard from a friend of mine that the next firmware update that apple will introduce an official copy and paste function. I didnt really believe him so i decided to look it up for myself and sure enough i found a link that discusses the rumor. has anyone else heard about it?

heres the source:

Next iPhone software update to allow copy-paste | iPhoneIndiaBlog.com
    waiting on my iPhone 6+
    2008-08-06 01:49 PM
    Heyy,

But that was posted on the 3rd of January and it says "Sources also confirmed recent reports claiming that a soon to be released iPhone software update will offer very improved Google Maps with localization and hybrid view, mass SMS sending and multi-page editable home screen." Which are all now available...

I don't think so... at lease, not yet :-p
    2008-08-06 01:56 PM
    ah, i see....maybe he was just jerking my chain, or maybe he heard it from an unreliable source.....here's another link i found

Hints at iPhone Copy and Paste in Firmware 2.1? [Update] - Mac Rumors
    waiting on my iPhone 6+
    2008-08-06 02:00 PM
    Yeah and I read that it was supposed to be with this update as well (2.01)... and it wasn't.... I do not understand why Apple didn't put it in this update... every where I read that is what everyone wants really bad!

From what I heard it was not a top priority... I would rather had copy and paste before the new calculator!
    2008-08-06 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD