User Tag List

Hi guys, this isn't a cry for help, but more of just bringing a weird problem to people's attention just for info really.

Recently I had a problem with the cube runner app from the appstore. It was installing, but then something happened so that it didn't fully install. Now I am stuck with an icon which says "Installing".

Ok so I tried uninstalling the app by deleting it from my app library through itunes, it did it and said removing it from the iphone when syncing, but it was still there on the phone, but gone on the app library!

Sooo, I tried to search this forum and google "iphone app stuck installing" but couldn't find anything specific about this problem.

So I gave up and used poof to hide the icon, which didn't work, as it left behind the "Installing" overlay which covers the icon, so I moved it onto a spare icon page. Kind of annoying!

Oh yeah and before you say it I did try to delete the app by holding in the icon till it wobbles, but it doesn't have the little "x" while it is stuck installing.

Grrr. I am on 2.0, jailbroken and unlocked using the manual pwn method that first came out before winpwn got updated, but I don't think that's the issue here, all other apps work fine and can be deleted no problem, just this one went crazy
    2008-08-07 05:19 PM
    i had an issue this morning with my app not installing correctly the first time, therefore leaving the icon and "installing..." as you've mentioned. all i did was press on the icon (not press and hold) as if i was to open the application, it automatically attempted to reinstall and it was fine.
    2008-08-07 06:51 PM
    i had an issue this morning with my app not installing correctly the first time, therefore leaving the icon and "installing..." as you've mentioned. all i did was press on the icon (not press and hold) as if i was to open the application, it automatically attempted to reinstall and it was fine.
    Ah right, i'll give that a try when I get home, thanks for the advice!
    2008-08-08 09:59 AM
    Yeah, im having the same problem. Have tried the same as Addybgrilla but still with no luck.

Any suggestions?
    2008-08-08 12:54 PM
    whatever you do dont restart... Most applications i download from the appstore hang on the installing for a little, just be patient let it go, i also found that clicking on it a few times works... If you restart in the middle of the install (at least from my experiences) you'll get stuck on the apple logo until you boot into restore mode and connect to itunes :-\
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]
    2008-08-08 02:04 PM
    I finally managed to get rid of the app that was stuck installing. Deleted it from my applications library in itunes, then re-synced my phone, when it asked to transfer purchases from phone, I said no, which then meant it was removed successfully from my phone. Hope that helps Waz94!
    2008-08-09 06:47 PM
    Thanks addybgrilla, tried everything else but your suggestion helped me! You rock!
    2008-12-03 04:42 PM
    Just turn off the wifi, and then go back and press on the app to delete it,
    the "X" will show up this time
    2009-02-02 04:14 PM
    Turning off WiFi did the trick for me. Thanks!
    2011-04-14 07:47 PM
    I've had this happen many times on iOS 4.2.1 it was making me very angry. >
    2011-04-15 05:30 AM
    Re-booting worked (still works) for me when ever this happens. And also make sure your on the latest firmware to get rid of bugs like these.
     Think Different.
    2011-04-15 05:36 AM
    I tried everything I could find. My only solution was to restore the phone. My stalled app was not showing up anywhere but on the phone so I could not delete it. Clicking restore from iTunes backed up the phone but did not restore the stalled app.
    2011-06-25 03:12 AM
    Iy looks like this is the only post on google about this particular problem. I left 3 applications updating during night and at morning they all were stuck at 'installing' with the blue bar under. I did reboot and the applications work but are not updated. I did erase them and reinstall with iTunes then try to update, same happens. All this start right after i did install something from CYDIA i did erase all packages from cydia, the problem did not go away.
    Iphone 4 ios 4.3.3. I did not want to upgrade to ios5 cus i was so happy with all customization i had done on my iphone. Such a stupid thing.
    2012-03-16 02:04 PM
    same was happening to me today, i searched on google and find a thread about this issue, in settings app go to reset and clock on reset all settings, not erase all settings, my phone is JBen so its safe to do on both non jb and jb. after do this no more waiting or downloading updates and phone is faster now. all i had to do after this is to restore wherever wallpaper i had before and also make sure to check your alarm settings..Lol
    2012-03-20 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD