User Tag List

hello
    When i make call i caanot hear anything unless i go to speaker. I can also hear with headphones and btooth headset but nothing when i try to use it regularly. When i use the volume buttons it says (headphones) and still no sound. The ipod app also thinks there are hdphones attached so no sound comes up

It is a 2g iphones with winpwned 2.0 fw

Pls help
    2008-08-08 06:24 PM
    I had the exact same problem. I had a genius help me out. He got a can of compressed air and cleaned out the headphone jack, and then he got a pair of headphones and and put it in and took it out until the problem went away. This happens b/c there is a lot of dust in the jack. Hope that helps!
    I guess you can always go to an apple store and ask for help if you can't do this yourself. Go straight to the genius bar because they will help you immediately. If you go to an employee walking around waiting to help someone, they will ask you to make an appointment...which is unnecessary.
    2008-08-08 06:36 PM
    If the above doesn't work, go in to your settings and reset them.

Settings > General > Reset
    2008-08-08 07:46 PM
    Have had this problem also. Also had the constant 'this accessory is not designed to work with iPhone' at the same time. relientmt summed it up.

I cleaned the jack and dock connectors all the time, used compressed air, etc. etc. Restored to stock software, still had the problems, so I made an appt at the Genius Bar. Two weeks ago I got a new one under warranty, not much of an issue. My iPhone is now in a Otterbox Defender case. Hope it will help it last better in my work environment (a bunch of time outdoors).

Beware that if you (or the person at the Genius Bar) does set up your old iPhone (or the replacement) 'as a new phone' in iTunes while testing, you should make sure you have all your photos and notes backed up or copied somehow OUTSIDE of iTunes. You'll lose them. The other info will come back in the normal way when you sync for the first time on your system. You might not get the restore option....
    2008-08-08 08:25 PM
    thanks relientmt. Iwas able to get the dust out in couple of tries without a reset
    2008-08-08 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD