this sucks......... ima kill him.... lol
    2008-01-29 06:29 AM
    that DOES suck

on my old ROKR, there was a port of itunes that has an SMS alarm, which meant as soon as a different sim card was put in, it would text pre-determined numbers with the new sim number. Something like that would be very handy in the iphone world

regards

pry
    2008-01-29 03:24 PM
    ^^ I agree... They have that for the Linux based moto's too, it is an app that runs at startup, and if the IMSI (I think) number is different from the one that is stored already (you put that in yourself), it texts a predetermined number(s) the SIM number

I would actually pay for an app like that for the iPhone, something like a security app that, when activated, can send the different SIM number via text, and when connected to PC w/ internet, would send out an email w/ the 'purps' IP lol Isn't that so James Bond-ish? No, James Bond would activate the Camera remotely, and be able to see as if it were a web cam, to better locate the mobile
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-01-29 03:48 PM
    that is a good thing, but sucks that you phone got stolen :P
    2008-01-30 03:04 AM
    that DOES suck

on my old ROKR, there was a port of itunes that has an SMS alarm, which meant as soon as a different sim card was put in, it would text pre-determined numbers with the new sim number. Something like that would be very handy in the iphone world

regards

pry
    QFT!

Would it be possible for someone to create a 3rd party app to do just that?

My old D900 does that and it works really well.
    2008-01-30 03:14 AM
    Easy, Just report the serial number to Apple as stolen. If the thief is dumb enough to connect it to iTunes it can be located.

GenghisPhlip
    2008-01-30 03:15 AM
    they have a alarm for macbooks that takes pictures and emails them to people...
    2008-01-30 03:27 AM
    well an update... i went and threatend to press charges on him and a lil was said... but the long story short, i got it back..... [email protected]#$ lol
    2008-01-30 04:39 AM
    i would have pressed charges either way.
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."
    2008-01-30 05:04 AM
    so u knew who stole it?
    2008-01-30 05:11 AM
    yeah and i got it back from him... i told him quite a few things... he was nearly in tears lol whata puss... but anyways he ended up pulling it out of his pocket and giving it to me then tried to make up this story that he took it from another kid that had it, and that he didnt steal it at all.... which is all bull... lol
    2008-01-30 05:13 AM
    Nice, should of dropped a few punches!!!
    2008-01-30 05:15 AM
    I too would have pressed charges
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-01-30 05:16 AM
    I think this whole story is some bull.
    2008-01-30 05:17 AM
    well i would have threw sum if i would have known what side he would have fell on when i laid him out lol because my phone was in one of the two of them pockets :-P
    2008-01-30 05:18 AM
    i dont... dude if there was a way i could prove this to u i would... and where is the thrill in posting that u lost an iphone? seriously... i was just pissed last night and i needed to vent...
    2008-01-30 05:25 AM
    i would be sad two.......
    2008-01-30 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD