Greetings

I just got a new iphone 3g and I dont want to even open the box before being absolutely sure about the battery.... i need some advice :P

Should I

A) plug the iphone in to the charger straight away without even turning the phone on in order to charge it FULLY and then run the battery all the way down.
    After that repeat the process another 3-5 times

OR

B) Start using the phone straight away until the battery is dead, then charge it up to the maximum and repeat the process 3-5 times

I want to get the most out of my battery life so i dont want to mess it up right from the start

Thanks
    2008-08-09 01:44 AM
    i would say since there's already a charge in it.. . run it till the phone turns off... then charge it completely...

i didn't do any kinda discharge/recharge method and my battery seems to be fine... although to get longer battery life you could always turn off 3G, turn off PUSH, turn off wifi, and set fetch to manual... this increased my battery time by at least 25%

besides the battery is covered under the apple one year warranty... i plan on taking mine back within the next 11months and just tell them the battery dies quickly... and im pretty sure they'll just give me a new one
    "Search" is your friend
    2008-08-09 02:40 AM
    Your two examples are not necessarily the best for lithium ion batteries. L-Ion batteries like to be 'topped off' frequently, and don't like to be fully discharged.

Here's some info:

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

And straight from Apple:

Apple - Batteries

And if you really want some info....Google 'Linear Technologies LT 4066'. That's the chip that controls the charging circuitry in the iPhone.

HTH.

Now go unbox that thing!
    2008-08-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD