I am very confused and have never had anything like this happen before, after using PwnageTool to create my custom iPhone 3G firmware, putting it in DFU mode, and restoring thru iTunes (making sure the baseband wouldn't be updated incase I needed to unlock in the future) I have 0 signal bars and the AT&T carrier name doesn't show. This is very odd since I am a legit AT&T customer with the 2 year 3G contract and such. I've tried toggling the 3G switch, turning on and off roaming as well as WiFi (WiFi works fine btw), hard rebooting the phone, even another restore just didn't do the trick. I would appreciate it if someone could help me get my service back, because I do not know what else I can try.

Thanks,
    KoNeko
    2008-08-11 05:30 PM
    did you make sure you unchecked the activate button prior to building your ipsw? Rebuild it again and repwn and it should start working.

I made that mistake the first time because I was so excited the new pwnage came out...hehe
    Last edited by oo3; 2008-08-11 at 05:35 PM.
    2008-08-11 05:32 PM
    ...Wow I can't believe I made such a dumb mistake xD Thank you, I'm trying what you said now, I'll let you know if it works or not
    2008-08-11 05:44 PM
    and also this happend to me yesterday on my 3G... .take out the SIM card before restoring
    2008-08-11 05:52 PM
    This is the solution. When creating ipsw, uncheck activate. That's it
    2008-08-11 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD