In my house i have a netgear router that works perfectly with my 3 computers and my brothers iPhone 3G. About a week ago my 1st gen iPhone stopped connecting to the wi-fi. At the time i had a jailbroken firmware 2.0 running so i tried restoring and running a it without the jailbreak but it did not help. I can connect to the wi-fi sometimes for about 5 minutes and the internet works fine but then it will randomly switch to edge and since i don't get good service in my house, the internet stops working. I have even tried using the wi-fi at one of my friends house and the same thing happens so i know it is not my router that is the problem. I have tried restoring, resetting the router, resetting the settings on the iPhone and none of it has worked. Recently i upgraded to 2.0.1 hoping that the problem would be fixed but it is still the same. I really hope i don't have to get a new phone so if anyone knows what to do i would be very grateful.
    2008-08-13 01:40 AM
    I am having the same issue with my 3G phone. It is not modified at all. The issue was present with the original firmware and the latest update. Help? This is annoying.
    2008-08-13 01:45 AM
    i am using the v2.1 and had the same problem but now the wifi will not connect to any ....i see no wifi ........
    i reset the network settings but nothing !!!!!!!
    sometime it worked by itself but now no way please help.....
    2008-11-07 06:43 PM
    Try rebooting the router. Ive had this happen a few times as the IP's get mixed up every so often.
    2008-11-07 10:41 PM
    already did that but it did not work and the problem now the status bar is showing me that it is searching but nothing and my friend has his v1.1.4 he saw the same router with no router
    2008-11-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD