i got an iphone, jailbroken, a pretty long time ago, and i upgraded the firmware to 1.2.
    it was fine, until like a coupla days ago, when i was syncing it, and then all of my songs went away on my phone, and when i connected the phone to itunes, it appeared as just "other". 7 of the 8 gigs were full, but i still had no songs showing up on the phone. i was freaking out and i didnt think about using a different computer to basically delete the data so i can resync it, and i proceeded to go to the settings and reset the ******* phone. i completely reset it. then after the reset, the ihone was bricked, cause the logo just stays there, and doesnt go away unless i hold the home and power buttins to turn it off. i dont know what to do, except maybe to go to someone to get it unbricked. please help me cause i would greatly appreciate it. o and im sorry if this is the wrong forum cause the other forum was about jailbreaking phones, and mine is already jailbroken.
    2008-08-13 03:26 AM
    have you tried to restore it in iTunes yet?
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped
    2008-08-13 03:29 AM
    its stuck on the apple logo, actaully its a pinapple logo, cause its really bootleg
    itunes cant find it, my computer doesnt even find it, when i plug it in, i even tried restarting my computer

someone please please please help me, its been too long without my iphone, i feel incompleteee
    Last edited by vikblazin; 2008-08-13 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-13 03:47 AM
    Try putting your phone in recovery mode and restore
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped
    2008-08-13 03:52 AM
    can you give me a step by step, becasue it doesnt hook up to my pc, and it stays on the logo, and nothin ever happens

it doesnt go to recovery mode cause its stuck on the logo, it doesnt do the red slider, or hook up to itunes sign thing
    Last edited by vikblazin; 2008-08-13 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-13 04:01 AM
    plug your iphone in (make sure itunes is opened and your phone is turned off) After plugging your iphone, hold the sleep and home button simultaneously and after the phone shuts off once again, wait about 3 seconds and let go of the sleep button. Keep holding the home button until itunes recognizes your iphone in recovery mode. (it should be DFU at this point). Restore it to either factory settings or to a custom firmware using winpwn or pwnage tool (pwnage is for mac)
    2008-08-13 03:42 PM
    thanks satch it worked but how do u use winpwn, i had 1.2 now, im prolly gonna put 1.1.4
    2008-08-14 01:40 AM
    I do believe you need to upgrade to 1.1.4 before you attempt to upgrade to 2.0 or 2.0.1. With winpwn, you will need a legit copy of 1.1.4 and using winpwn, you will need the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files for the bootneuter and then you will build a custom firmware with ipsw builder and once the file is built, you will then choose ipwner using your new custom firmware which will pwned itunes and then put your phone in restore mode and upload the new custom firmware. To pick your firmware, you will need to SHIFT-CLICK the restore button. Here is a link where you can find some information. blog.iphone-dev.org
    2008-08-18 02:17 PM
    thanks satch i did it all yesterday and im really happy it worked. i did all of that, i built my custom firmware and used bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 to unlock the phone.
    thanks a million
    but i have one final question, when i go to bootnueter app in the phone, which one should be highlighted? 3.9 or 4.6?

ooo and one more, how come my sounds arent workin, only vibrate is working.

once again thanks a lot.
    2008-08-18 07:12 PM
    I don't know since once the process is done, bootneuter is automatically deleted. I do believe it is confusing to read it though. If you did everything correctly, you will be at 4.6. For the soudns, did you go into settings, sounds and picked a sound for your ringtone?
    2008-08-25 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD