User Tag List

So I'm about to purchase an iPhone through Craig's List. The guy lives in my state, but it's about a 3 hour drive away. So I am going to pay him through PayPal and he will ship the 8GB iPhone. Is this safe? If i get shipped a box of peanuts will I be able to get my money back? Thanks for helping me

I hope this is the right section, and I can't post in Trade/Sale area yet.
    2008-08-13 05:11 AM
    HELL NO! dont do it man unless you meet him and exchange for the phone. itll be a pain to get your money back if he tries and scams you since it will look like a payment through paypal. use ebay if he is gonna ship it to you so you have more protection if he tries to pull one on you
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-08-13 05:36 AM
    CL is the best place to get things cheap LOCALLY and the worst place to get scammed under "shipped item" terms.

Unless you can meet him halfway, no dice.

PS- ebay has nothing to do with you getting your money from paypal. It won;t change a thing. The only thing that helps is paying with a credit card. Never pay from the paypal balance.
    2008-08-13 06:02 AM
    thanks guys
    2008-08-13 06:24 AM
    I sold an iPhone to a guy on Craig's list and its the same as buying and selling a phone off here! U also have to pay the person through paypal. I sold 2 iPhones on this forum. Whats the difference between Craig's list and MMI? We all live far far from each other.
    2008-08-13 06:38 AM
    NO WAY! Dont do it.... You would better drive 3 hours,than returning your money 100 days... ;D
    2008-08-13 06:45 AM
    you at least know people around the forum. people on craigslist are hella shady and cheap. he probably is gonna send you a box with a cordless phone
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-08-13 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD