please help, every time i'm on a call i can't hear the person on the other side and they can't hear me unless i turn on loud speaker, would this have anything to do with the fact i jailbroke my phone then connected it to itunes, or is it simply a malfunction on the phone itself,
    2008-08-13 02:33 PM
    Sounds like its hardware, if you say it works, but only on loudspeaker. Get it checked out.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-13 03:07 PM
    you may also want to try resetting all settings. that's known to fix the sound/speaker problem in the past
    2008-08-13 04:32 PM
    It sounds like the external mic is hanging up. This can happen if the headphone jack hangs in place when you remove the headphones. There is a small metal bar that can hang up in the headphone jack. When you hit your volume on the side does it say headphones in the hud when going up and down?

I imagine if the internal earpiece is working it might not. It might just be the mic jack hung up and not the whole thing. Stick your headphones in the jack a few times real fast and see if it shakes loose and starts working. You might just have a hung bar in the jack.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-08-13 at 06:37 PM. Reason: .......
    2008-08-13 06:36 PM
    thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at the headphone jack when I get home
    2008-08-14 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD