Qik's developers have been working day and night to bring you the world’s first live video streaming application for the Apple iPhone 3G! We have received so many requests and wonderful feedback, and we know how eager you all are to get streaming on the iPhone - we have decided to launch straight into public beta!

1. If you have not already, you'll need to sign up at QIK | Streaming video right from your phone and receive an SMS from us to activate the application.
    2. Launch Cydia.
    3. Go to the "Sections" tab at the bottom and scroll down to "Multimedia."
    4. Under Multimedia, you will find Qik. Tap on it then select "Install" at the top right, then in the same spot tap "Confirm."
    5. Now you will see Qik get installed. You may hit the "Return to Cydia" button at the bottom or just quit Cydia when it is done installing.
    6. You'll now notice a "Qik" icon on your home screen - Go ahead and launch it.
    7. As long as your initial signup SMS/text message is still in your inbox for the first launch, your account will be linked to your device.
    8. Make sure you have 3G service or are on WiFi (edge is not sufficient enough to stream video) before you begin broadcasting.
    9. Hit record and enjoy Qik!

For more information visit Qik announces iPhone 3G support! by Michael » QIK
    2008-08-14 02:54 AM
    I already posted about it with some test videos. It's a pretty cool idea.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-08-14 03:03 AM
    hey Guys i have a 3g iphone with a 3g plan..

I live in BC Canada..

well i tried the Qik on my wifi.. works flawlessly..

but when i tried my 3g network it says im not connected to the internet??

is it because my 3g sucks in this area?? its in abbotsford BC Canada..

internets seems to work on my 3g ok but not SUper fast..

is it just because of my location??

or is anyone that has 3g network working good on qik??
    2008-08-14 07:43 AM
    i didn't receive a SMS
    "Search" is your friend
    2008-08-14 09:15 AM
    it kills the battery life pretty quickly tought... about 5min of recording kills about 4-5% of the battery life
    2008-08-14 04:25 PM
    Ok... so essentially this program records video and uploads it to your QIK | Streaming video right from your phone profile so you can link to it on the internet?.... Essentially a video camera program ?
    2008-08-14 04:45 PM
    Yes, it doesn't record to your phone itself. It streams it directly to the qik site where it stores it. You can then link to it. Unfortunately you can't view them from the iPhone though because flash is not supported.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-08-14 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD