SO, after lurking here for awhile I bought a used 4gb iphone last nite. Its running 2.01. firmware and is currently locked to AT&T. I want to unlock it for use on my T-Mobile account. I saw on craigslist here that a guy will do it for $25. How would I go about doing it myself? What do I need? I will pay if I have to but I'd rather save money for a carrying case. Thanks.
    2008-08-14 09:18 PM
    Are you on windows or mac? Just download winpwn and follow the directions. There are TONs of walkthroughs everywhere (you really should search the forums). It is very easy as long as you find a good walkthrough and follow the directions exactly. I wouldn't pay anyone to do it though, as it is so easy.
    2008-08-14 09:45 PM
    Okay thanks. I'm using window btw.
    2008-08-14 10:15 PM
    dont pay anyone .get winpwn or iliberty .read few walkthroughts and youll be good to go .
    2008-08-14 11:27 PM
    Yeah theres a few people on this forum that have tried to charge for it, Trust me theres plenty of people on here willing to do it in there free time and help you, I just did a guys phone over remote desktop so if i have time i could also do it for you
    2008-08-15 01:34 AM
    Don't pay anyone. I help people all the time out of my house free of charge. People always try to take advantage of others for profit.
    2008-08-15 02:25 AM
    download winpwn and the firmware for 2.0.1 from the downloads section and then use this guide to unlock and use winpwn

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows) [Updated]

good luck man and dont use iliberty since its not for 2.0
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-08-15 03:16 AM
    Yeah and besides if you go to Youtube and search something like "how to unlock iphone" or something like that, you get a shitload of walkthroughs. I can't believe someone would charge to unlock someone's iphone haha!
    If I helped you please hit the THANKS button

2008-08-15 07:56 AM
    I know seriously, Theres like a ton of people on craigslist that try to do that, I always flag em, Then post up i do it for free haha
    2008-08-15 05:56 PM
    Yeah matey like everyone else has said, dont pay anyone to do it, its that easy.. All the software is free, donations welcome to the devs of course

It might look scary at first, but after a while it becomes second nature..

Also if something should go wrong, which fingers crossed it wont, theres loads of guys and gals on here that will help you out.. Or you could let PCPro do it over remote decktop if you get stuck lol

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php
    2008-08-15 06:09 PM
    Yeah not a problem, If you get stuck or need some help just hit me up im usually on the computer most of the day
    2008-08-15 06:12 PM
    Just remember if you pay someone to unlock/jailbreak your phone, they prolly went to this forum to get the programs and do it...hehe
    2008-08-15 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD