I just purchased an iPhone 3g on Monday, and I haven't gotten a chance to try and set up the voicemail until today. So I go to set it up, but when I click the voicemail button nothing happens. The voicemail icon becomes highlighted, but the rest of the screen stays the same way it was. (I.E. If I was looking at the number pad and then clicked voicemail the icon would highlight but it would still show the number pad.) So I assumed it was an issue of lag, but it's not. I let my phone sit like that for about 5 minutes and still nothing. I searched for similar issues, but still no one seemed to quite have any issues like this. If you could please help that would be amazing! Thank you!
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.
    2008-08-15 12:50 AM
    My dad's phone had the same issue. After a lot of complicated restoring and SIM switching I actually found that it was a really easy fix. Call your own number with your iPhone - the AT&T robot will then help you set up your voicemail. Choose regular settings and enter a four digit password. You should hear the "deleted message feature" message when you are done. After a while your phone should say "invalid password" - put your voicemal password in and you should be a all set!

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more assistance.
    2008-08-15 01:05 AM
    1)
    Dail *5005*86*xxxxxxx# on your iphone where xxxxxxx is your 7 digit phone number---no area code---

2) Voicemail should be activated by now---your password is again your 7 digit phone number
    2008-08-15 01:35 AM
    kakamama, iPhone voicemail passwords are four digits long..
    2008-08-15 01:46 AM
    My dad's phone had the same issue. After a lot of complicated restoring and SIM switching I actually found that it was a really easy fix. Call your own number with your iPhone - the AT&T robot will then help you set up your voicemail. Choose regular settings and enter a four digit password. You should hear the "deleted message feature" message when you are done. After a while your phone should say "invalid password" - put your voicemal password in and you should be a all set!

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more assistance.
    Thank you kind sir. You are the man.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.
    2008-08-15 02:03 AM
    I'm here to help sir!
    2008-08-15 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD