Im looking for a push email account that actually works with the iPhone... so I thought Id set up a thread so people can at list their experiences with push accounts that actually work for them... or list the ones that do not.

Works:
    mail2web.com
    (as far as I can tell it works, though someone told me they sent me multiple emails to that account, and I never recieved them... I hope it was a problem on their end)
    http://lifehacker.com/398526/set-up-...phone-for-free

Does not work:
    Yahoo.com
    (several attempts and emails sent to myself and it will not push... I have to manually check it every time)
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-08-15 at 10:53 PM.
    2008-08-15 10:50 PM
    Yahoo works sometimes and sometimes doesn't.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-08-16 12:02 AM
    OMG thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mail2web is awesome!!!!!! this will save my battery life too! .....PS if you have gmail and do not want to have to go through the hassle of changing your email just make your same username (or a different one) on Mail2Web and then go to gmail.com>sign in>settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP>Then select "forward a copy of incomming mail to: (type in your Mail2Web email) and then select wether or not you want to keep a copy in gmail, archieve the email in gmail or delete the email in gmail! so now you can still tell people your email is "[email protected]" but still get push email!
    Please thank me if I helped you! ---------------------------------->
    2008-08-16 12:31 AM
    Mail2web is buggy. Very, very buggy.
    2008-08-16 12:38 AM
    I have a gmail account (not primary account) and a hotmail account which I have set up to forward all my emails to gmail which is great, I always get my emails without any problems.
    2008-08-16 01:10 AM
    Are we talking 'free' hotmail here?
    Last edited by 461am; 2008-08-16 at 09:04 AM. Reason: sounded like a 2 year old.
    2008-08-16 01:20 AM
    anyway to get the free version to work with office 2007?

i just did a test email and it worked good
    2008-08-16 01:24 AM
    1 word...

Exchange....
    2008-08-16 06:41 AM
    Gmail works no problems i have 2 accounts with them and they work perfect
    2008-08-16 06:42 AM
    okay i gave up on mail2web and am now using yahoo...seems to be working...will see!
    2008-08-16 06:48 AM
    Yahoo! works for me all the times. Ones you set up your email account At least ones turn off an on push services on the iphone settings, that works for me.
    2008-08-16 07:56 AM
    Gmail works no problems i have 2 accounts with them and they work perfect
    no they dont push, its just fetched to your iphone... its either manually checked or you have it to check it automatically for you every 15/30/45 minutes..
    it doesnt push it..
    2008-08-16 08:25 AM
    no they dont push, its just fetched to your iphone... its either manually checked or you have it to check it automatically for you every 15/30/45 minutes..
    it doesnt push it..
    he is correct gmail doesn't push which is why now it is being forwarded to my new yahoo account....kinda sad sense gmail had so much to offer that yahoo doesnt or wants you to pay for like no ads...free IMAP/POP yahoo doesnt even have IMAP......free email forwarding......etc
    2008-08-16 03:32 PM
    umm i have gmail setup with imap, Works pefrect trust me i can send screenshots
    2008-08-16 06:43 PM
    I dont know why, but my yahoo will not push... and yes I am talking about the free yahoo mail service.. in setting it shows that it is set to PUSH, but it will not. like I said, serveral attempts and i still have to FETCH it...

Yahoo! works for me all the times. Ones you set up your email account At least ones turn off an on push services on the iphone settings, that works for me.
    Just tried this, I didnt have much faith in such a method but surprisingly it works! So far Ive sent 5 email to myself and its managed to push 3 to my yahoo account... making progress! Thank you... maybe my outgoing mail server is lagging though... need to do more testing
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-08-17 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-17 12:00 AM
    umm i have gmail setup with imap, Works pefrect trust me i can send screenshots
    we know it works perfect....but you are not getting "push" email...you are getting "fetch" email
    2008-08-17 04:26 AM
    This method works! Yahoo just takes some time to push is all... sometimes its immediate, and sometimes it takes a couple minutes... but so far its worked 10 for 10... thanks again!
    2008-08-17 06:01 AM
    This method works! Yahoo just takes some time to push is all... sometimes its immediate, and sometimes it takes a couple minutes... but so far its worked 10 for 10... thanks again!
    yep but what sucks is no IMAP support with yahoo for desktop email

oh wait i take that back!!!! check this out: Yahoo Zimbra
    Last edited by the_bay_mafia; 2008-08-17 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-17 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD