Hey
    i have a jailbreaked unlocked 1.1.3 (3gppsim) and have noticed that my usage times and standby times are always the same.

ex) Usage 1 hour 1 minute
    Standby 1 hour 1 minute

Also my battery life is pretty stupid .. I use the phone for about 4 hours a day and get about 20 hours of standby (my phone shows otherwise). It was doing this before the update as well.

On another note, ever since i upgraded to 1.1.3, my text messages have been scattered and sometimes dont organize properly (2 selections ex)John then another one Johns number). Any help would be appreciated.
    2008-02-05 05:21 AM
    I had the same...

Can anybody help us ??

Thanks in Advance!!
    2008-03-26 07:19 AM
    Ever since I upgraded my jailbroken / unlocked iphone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 (through Ziphone), the battery life has been 2-3 times worse. And I have the same problem of usage time = standby time as soon as I unplug from the charger. I've installed services to try and turn OpenSSH off, but it doesn't even give me that option, so I guess I don't have it installed. Also I try to turn every application off by holding on the home button but the problem still persists... Anyone else with the same problem? Anyone knows how else to fix this?
    2008-03-26 11:47 PM
    i never go by that usage thing. it always seems off. i get a decent amount of battery and im a heavy data user. my usage times are:
    usage: 6 hours, 5 min
    standby: 6 hours, 44 min
    2008-03-27 12:19 AM
    The phone sends and receives several data pieces even if in standby, so changing those settings can help extend your life since it is never truly off just because it is in standby. MAIL checks for new mail at whatever rate you ask it to. (5 mins, 15 mins, etc) Setting it to a longer setting will keep it from running processes and sending data at short intervals - which runs the phone down. Other processes work the same. Simply run through the ones you have on a timed sync and delay the time a bit.
    2008-03-27 04:16 AM
    I've been having the same problems. I've noticed that my usage time and standby time are the same as well on my phone. The battery life is also a lot shorter than usual and I have to recharge my phone everyday now. Each night it gets it full charge and the usage/standy by times reset.

Wifi is disabled and not using e-mail on it.

I've also tried turning off my phone and rebooting it and notice that it does not stay off, it just automatically restarts. This is the same with a hard boot.

Another issue is that I keep on getting "this is not an iphone accessory error" even if nothing is connected to it. (Would this be the reason my phone is draining faster?) If so how do i fix this? Thanks!

Btw mine is jailbroken and unlocked on 1.1.3 as well.
    2008-03-27 08:13 PM
    I've found the culprit. I installed Sysinfo to find out what processes I've got running and I found navizondaemon constantly in the list of active processes despite turning off and on my iphone, or holding the home button to shut down all the applications including Navizon. (I have Navizon installed since upgrading to 1.1.4). To get rid of it (navizondaemon which is constantly running in the background) I opened Navizon and disabled Navizon Bar Plugin for Maps.

My usage time no longer equals standby time and my battery life is back to normal, if not better than before!
    2008-03-31 04:33 PM
    My phone is doing the same thing as Shadow Nine but mine is 1.1.4 and is not jailbroken or unlocked! Don't know what to do because i don't have any extra programs on my phone. Please help!
    2008-04-28 06:14 PM
    Anybody have an idea of what is going on with our phones? Please help!
    2008-05-03 07:17 AM
    I noticed a few things. Mobile safari stays running as a process, even after closing with the home button. I got that to stop by opening up a new blank page in Safari and closing the page that I was looking at before closing Safari. Alternatively going into suys info and manually killing mobilsafari process, seems to improve battery life.
    Be aware that other apps will sometimes use the mobilemusicplayer process. (TTR for one), make sure the process is not running after you are done with the game or app.

Mobile music player will stay running as a process even after clicking the home button and pausing the music. if I go into sys info and kill the process manually i have better battery life.

The biggest killer to battery life is if you hapen to have the phone in a place where there is poor or intermittent wifi or edge signal. The phone constantly is looking for a connection so shut off edge and or wifi when you arent using it. I figured this out when my pbattery would die literally overnight while up on my nightstand yet stay at 100% downstairs in the office or kitchen. Wifi in my bedroom is a fairly weak signal and tends to go in and out when I'm using the phone. So even in sleep, it still seems to keep looking for the wifi connection. Edge will do the saem. i was away for a weekend in the boonies of West Virginia and my battery life literally died before my eyes. I was on the edge of a service area. Came home and battery life back to normal.

other factors afffecting battery life:

You should do a hard reboot of the phone every day or so, seems to help.

Also you may need to recalibrate the battery. Let it run totally down then give it a good full recharge.

Number of apps installed. I notice that the more apps i have installed, the battery life seems to decrease, although not sure either. My son who has a jailbroken iPhone only to get Summerboard and Customize working only sys info and mobile finder installed, has commented to me recently that his battery life isnt as good as it used to be.

When all else fails a clean restore will fix things.

I will note that what is very odd, is that it seems that a certain process will seem to have little affect on battery life ten all of a sudden have a huge impact. Navizon Daemon for one. I ran that for months with no battery issues, then like a previous post stated, I noticed it was killing my battery. Why the change, no clue. May have been after upgrading to 1.1.4, but not sure

So there seem to be a lot of workarounds but no real answer. I do suspect the intermittent wifi thing and the newer firmwares. I do notice that both iPhones in my house (both on 1.1.4, but one an oritginal 1.0.2 and the other oob 1.1.3) seem to revert to edge more often than they used to.

Another thought: wifi security settings? I recently set my home wifi to non-broadcasting SSID. Always had WPA-2 security so no change there. The iPhones connect, but seem to not want to stay locked on as well. I have read many posts where people turned off wifi security and the iphones had better connections. Not that I recommend that.

Reset network settings every so often helps too. I think perhaps that when moving around to many places and the iphone gets so many different network signals the settings may get somewhat corrupted.

Just a few thoughts.
    2008-05-03 06:01 PM
    How many of you with battery draining issues are using IMAP or PUSH mail?
    After some testing and research it seems more and more like there's where the problem is.
    That after 1.1.4-update the IMAP and PUSH mail never stops getting new mail. That it tries to get the same emails over and over in some kind of loop, even though it's already been loaded once.

Can you please try disabling mail for a day or two and see if it makes any difference? Especially if you're using IMAP/PUSH.
    Hopefully we can come to some conclusion.
    2008-05-09 12:19 PM
    Dont use IMAP or PUSH mail since I like to save some messages on my desktop but dont want them on my iphone. I learned the hard way when I deleted messages off my iPhone. Anyway, I seem to have solved the battery problem by making sure mail, safari, ipod processes are completely shut down after I am sone with them (using sysinfo) and also shutting off wifi if I am in an area that I know there is no wifi, or poor wifi signal. If the iphone is on wifi it seems ok, but if it isnt on wifi, the iphone will continue to search for a signal and that eats the battery. Same goes for edge.
    2008-05-10 01:39 AM
    Hey
    On another note, ever since i upgraded to 1.1.3, my text messages have been scattered and sometimes dont organize properly (2 selections ex)John then another one Johns number). Any help would be appreciated.
    If what you meant is that a small difference in the number makes it unique (for example, "+[country code]" prefix in your SMS is different from the "0" prefix in your calls, etc.), then you need to install the AppSupport patch. It's available in Installer. Make sure you pick the correct firmware version of the patch.
    2008-05-20 03:56 AM
    hey guys, did anyone or urself notice that IM+ is eating up ur battery? it drain ur battery like water dripping… i could see that effect in my 3GS. that’s sucks… just half a day, all battery gone. after full charge 100%, 30minutes drop until 80%.
    2009-07-26 02:49 PM
    just upgrade to 3.0

hey guys, did anyone or urself notice that IM+ is eating up ur battery? it drain ur battery like water dripping… i could see that effect in my 3GS. that’s sucks… just half a day, all battery gone. after full charge 100%, 30minutes drop until 80%.
    just turn off settings or apps that run in stand by mode..and you'll get the most out of your battery simple as that
    Last edited by calebdexter; 2009-07-27 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-27 05:32 AM
    I already disable all background app, but battery still fast. I still suffering one more thing, out going call ok, incoming call all become voice mail…
    2009-07-27 10:17 AM
    ok guys! I FINALLY FOUND THE ROOT CAUSE !! BATTERY DRAIN fast/overnite?
    according to battery drain issue, many suggested to turn off push mail, but i dun use push mail.
    but i did use push service from eBuddy, MafiaWars, TapTap... ever since i install these application which provide push service, my battery start to drain like water. i try uninstall all these apps, it solves. i try install it again, the problems come back! in order to use these apps without battery drain/heating up/usage=standby time... try to DISABLE THE NOTIFICATION IN SETTING(1st page)... IT REALLY SOLVE !!!

I AM HAPPY MAN NOW!!! yeah!!!

from,
    j2innet

My phone is doing the same thing as Shadow Nine but mine is 1.1.4 and is not jailbroken or unlocked! Don't know what to do because i don't have any extra programs on my phone. Please help!
    not because of jail broken or wat... is all bcoz of this...

ok guys! I FINALLY FOUND THE ROOT CAUSE !! BATTERY DRAIN fast/overnite?
    according to battery drain issue, many suggested to turn off push mail, but i dun use push mail.
    but i did use push service from eBuddy, MafiaWars, TapTap... ever since i install these application which provide push service, my battery start to drain like water. i try uninstall all these apps, it solves. i try install it again, the problems come back! in order to use these apps without battery drain/heating up/usage=standby time... try to DISABLE THE NOTIFICATION IN SETTING(1st page)... IT REALLY SOLVE !!!

I AM HAPPY MAN NOW!!! yeah!!!

from,
    j2innet
    Last edited by j2innet; 2009-07-28 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-28 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD