I have been trying for a while now to get the 2.0 Firmware on my unlocked iPhone that I use with T-Mobile but I cannot seem to do it. I end up always getting thrown into DFU mode and have to restore it back to Firmware 1.1.4 and then Unlocking and Jailbreaking it again.

The only reason I want to upgrade to 2.0 Firmware is because I cannot seem to get the Free Apps that I have downloaded on my iTunes onto my Unlocked and Jailbroken iPhone with Firmware 1.1.4.

So does anyone have any idea how I can get the free apps that I have downloaded onto my iTunes onto my Unlocked and Jailbroken iPhone with Firmware 1.1.4?

Thanks-
    2008-08-19 04:03 AM
    You can't because it is not the same platform (in a programer's language). You absolutely need to upgrade to 2.0 or 2.0.1 to put your free apps (from the appstore I'm guessing). What is the problem when you try to jailbreak to 2.0? What tool are you using. What platform are you using (mac or pc)?
    2008-08-19 04:48 AM
    well i can use mac or windows because i have both but i'd prefer to use mac

i tried it on windows by downloading winpwn and the new 2.0.2 update and two bootloader files needed in the tutorial i went through

however once i got to the end of the process it said there was an error and i was left with my iphone once again in DFU mode and was forced to restore it again in 1.1.4 firmware and unlocked and jailbroke it with ZiPhone

all i want is to be able to update my iphone to 2.0 or 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 and be able to put my iTunes apps on my iPhone
    2008-08-19 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD