hello,

i have a 1.1.4 1st gen iPhone. i plugged it in to my PC and it was having some problems recognizing it for some reason. this was the first time that this has happened. i had to unplug and replug it into the computer a couple of times for the iPhone to show up on iTunes.

NOW ALL MY INFO IS LABLED "OTHER" AND I CANT SYNC BECAUSE OF IT!!!

is there anyway to remove the old corrupt info without restoring so i can put different media on my iPhone?

thanx for the help

tim
    2008-08-20 07:49 PM
    Your phone must have been recognized as new. Delete the current /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control folder and rename any backup listed there back to iTunes_Control
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-20 07:51 PM
    any back up? there is no backup. should i just delete /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control and make a new one?

thanx for the help
    2008-08-20 10:08 PM
    No, not make a new one, rename the old one. If your phone is recognized as new, your old library (iTunes_Control) will be renamed to something else and a new iTunes_Control will be created. You need to "undo" this.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-20 10:49 PM
    no it doesnt recogize the phone as "NEW". it just recognizes all the music imported from iTunes as "OTHER" or orange data. i only have one iTunes_Control. no other folders have anything similar to what is in my iTunes_Control folder.

bump please... bumpy mcbumpington
    Last edited by klouud; 2008-08-21 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-21 03:01 PM
    UPDATE: figured it out. you have to use SSH to manually remove all corrupt data such as movies and music (in my case). doesnt matter what FW u are using

tim
    2008-12-08 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD