Hi
    I finally took the plunge to upgrade from 1.0.2. I used the Virginator 1.3 then upgraded to 1.1.1

That worked fine, unlocked 1.1.1 then installed Oktoprep etc and upgraded to 1.1.2. However, when I used the Java Jailbreaker on my Mac, I didn't see the several restarts that were supposed to happen. Tried using the "reboot from recovery". It just hung. Nothing happened.

So I did a restore to 1.1.1 (whereby you get the error 1015) and launched iNdependence v1.3.2beta (also tried the other one) in both cases, iNdependence crashes with an "Unexpectedly Quit" message everytime.
    I did the 1.1.1 restore three times without any luck.

I'm stuck and I need your suggestions to get out of this mess.

I haven't found any search solutions. Any ideas?

thanks in advance
    2008-02-07 06:11 AM
    Sounds like you might have to restore and upgrade through iTunes then work your way back down.
    2008-02-07 07:09 AM
    Do you have access to a Windows PC? Try using iBrickr... that worked for me when I was trying to upgrade to 1.1.3 for someone. My iNdependence kept crashing and I was stuck on 1.1.1 recovery mode as well... iBrickr brought it back to the Slide for Emergency screen where I could go ahead and run the jailbreakme.com method.

So try iBrickr on a Windows PC.
    2008-02-07 08:55 AM
    Thank you very much. I have my Mac partitioned for PC. So I downloaded iBrickr and it worked like a charm.

It took a few attempts to jailbreak afterwards, but I am up and running on 1.1.1

However, I'm now getting an "Incorrect Sim" message after I unlocked with AnySim. Any thoughts on that?

Having finally completed the upgrade from 1.02 to 1.1.1 I am getting an error saying that I have an "Invalid Simcard" and thus no service. how can I get around this?

Should I try the Anysim unlock again? Would that help?
    SHould I push onwards to 1.1.2 again (had little success last time)

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by trinigianetti; 2008-02-07 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-07 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD