User Tag List

Ok well I have a prob with some of my apps sometimes. When I'm using them, they just turn off and go to the home screen. Is that the bug that the 2.0.1 firmware fixes?

If 2.0.1 fixes that, how can I upgrade my jailbroken 2.0 to 2.0.1 without losing all the apps I have from cydia/all the info stored in the apps, and etc.

Should I even upgrade?

Please help!

I found this app called TimeCapsule Digg - TimeCapsule - iPhone backup/restore app

Does anyone know if this can help?
    Last edited by toeknee2010; 2008-08-22 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-22 12:03 AM
    I upgraded my 2G to 2.0.1 from a pre-2.0 version, and didn't pay close enough attention to additional instructions. I let iTunes do some updating to the phone afterwards, and now my SIM card is locked and doesn't unlock when i rerun the quickpwn software. Did i update my phone with some new relocking software that won't allow me to use T-Mobile now?
    2008-08-22 11:03 PM
    I upgraded my 2G to 2.0.1 from a pre-2.0 version, and didn't pay close enough attention to additional instructions. I let iTunes do some updating to the phone afterwards, and now my SIM card is locked and doesn't unlock when i rerun the quickpwn software. Did i update my phone with some new relocking software that won't allow me to use T-Mobile now?
    looks like you bricked your phone my friend..

Ok well I have a prob with some of my apps sometimes. When I'm using them, they just turn off and go to the home screen. Is that the bug that the 2.0.1 firmware fixes?

If 2.0.1 fixes that, how can I upgrade my jailbroken 2.0 to 2.0.1 without losing all the apps I have from cydia/all the info stored in the apps, and etc.

Should I even upgrade?

Please help!

I found this app called TimeCapsule Digg - TimeCapsule - iPhone backup/restore app

Does anyone know if this can help?
    safest method I use is just let the iphone backup with itunes restore it..complete whipe..then upgrade to the next software...in your instance thats 2.0.1 then jailbreak it and re download all your apps again..i know is a pain to do that but is alot better then risking doing something wrong and bricking your phone..
    Last edited by playboii; 2008-08-23 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-23 05:34 AM
    In terms of bricking a 2G... It would take you litterally damaging your phone! I personally flashed with bootneuter, in midprocess the autolock came on and it stopped the program in mid flash which erased my bandwidth (or atleast the software needed for the bandwidth)! All I had to do was restore to an early version firmware (1.1.4 in my case) and allow all the software to be restored.

In regards to the initial question in this forum:

2.0.1 did NOT fix the problems with apps crashing. They are still very unstable. Apple sure as hell has their work cut out for them with all these app crashes. I've personally decided to leave cydia behind for a while and upgrade to 2.0.2 in hopes of a more stable firmware... The likelyhood of it being more stable is very slim.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2008-08-23 07:37 AM