Hey, I'm still a bit of a newbie so bear with me.

I have a jailbroken 3G with 2.0.1 FW and am waiting to upgrade to 2.0.2. I saw the news about QuickPwn and how it's recommended that 3G users wait for WinPwn/Pwnage because of the baseband update.

Now what is this baseband update? I read in a thread that it's only important to not update if you want to eventually unlock your phone at a later time, I'm on a 2 year contract with AUS Vodafone and have no need to unlock my phone, so is it safe for me to use Quickpwn?

thanks
    2008-08-22 04:31 AM
    Apple updates the baseband with just about every software update, so if you choose to go 2.0.2 then it will update it and may not be unlockable, in your case you don't need to worry about it.
    2008-08-22 05:11 AM
    Yeh I'd say you are safe to upgrade, Personaly I'd do a bit of reading up first theres a post on here that says it aint worth upgrading. Im going to wait for winpwn to catch up before I upgrade but thats just my choice.

IphoneCrazy
    2008-08-22 02:18 PM
    I'm concerned that there will be people who think now that they don't care about upgrading in the future, but might feel differently when their contract expires and they want unlock to sell their phone. It might not mean a whole lot of money in 2 years between locked and unlocked phones, but then again...it might.
    2008-08-24 04:08 AM
    How do you know you have the latest baseband update after doing the itunes 2.0.2 update? Thanks.
    2008-09-08 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD