yeah maybe apple is misleading people with their ads, and maybe 3g reception sucks but people need to understand that 2.0 was a major upgrade and if you expect it to work perfect right away then I'm sorry but it's just not gonna happen.
    Also i've heard a lot of people complain by saying the 3g chip sucks and that the new iphone is made using cheap materials so that it would cost less.
    To everyone who is not informed, the reason why it has a plastic backplate is because the metal one used in 2nd g iphone would produce a lot of interference and would basically not work.
    As far as the no bars thing, common if apple says its working on it, and that it is software related.... give them a little time. and most importantly IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH IT, NO ONE IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD GO GET ANOTHER PHONE.

;-) still have a 2nd g iPhone still happier than ever

Oh and if you think Motorola or lg are about quality over price then you have clearly not owned a rzr
    Last edited by Shambles0; 2008-08-22 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-22 09:54 AM
    Yeah I'm almost ready to puke because this 3G crap is getting old real fast.... Apple will get it all kinked out in time... just takes patience... Once Apple gets the bugs out I am sure the iPhone will be even nicer...

I kinda feel sorry for Apple right now because of what is all going on... I guess they should have waited longer before releasing the 3G... But their products are really nice... I don't think I could ever live without my iPhone now....
    2008-08-22 08:40 PM
    I concur, all products need time. Look at Windows Xp and Vista, both seem to work like a charm now.
    2008-08-22 08:52 PM
    yeah maybe apple is misleading people with their ads, and maybe 3g reception sucks but people need to understand that 2.0 was a major upgrade and if you expect it to work perfect right away then I'm sorry but it's just not gonna happen.
    Also i've heard a lot of people complain by saying the 3g chip sucks and that the new iphone is made using cheap materials so that it would cost less.
    To everyone who is not informed, the reason why it has a plastic backplate is because the metal one used in 2nd g iphone would produce a lot of interference and would basically not work.
    As far as the no bars thing, common if apple says its working on it, and that it is software related.... give them a little time. and most importantly IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH IT, NO ONE IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD GO GET ANOTHER PHONE.

;-) still have a 2nd g iPhone still happier than ever

Oh and if you think Motorola or lg are about quality over price then you have clearly not owned a rzr
    Interesting. What's a 2nd g iphone?

And you think people buying a 3G phone shouldn't complain when they can't get a decent 3G signal? Strange logic. Apple spend enough millions on R+D that 3G should be fully working out of the box.

People don't want another phone, they want an iphone with proper 3G, which is what they paid for, and signed a 2 year contract for.

The 3G iphone was sold on it's 3G, and 3G alone. And you're obviously deluded if you think people should just 'give them a little time'.
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-08-22 08:53 PM
    I love the part about the RAZR because that was ****. At least when my iPhone breaks they give me a new one for free. I had to pay $5/month insurance plus $50 everytime my crap RAZR broke. I am confident these bugs are software and not hardware problems.
    2008-08-22 09:00 PM
    Interesting. What's a 2nd g iphone?

And you think people buying a 3G phone shouldn't complain when they can't get a decent 3G signal? Strange logic. Apple spend enough millions on R+D that 3G should be fully working out of the box.

People don't want another phone, they want an iphone with proper 3G, which is what they paid for, and signed a 2 year contract for.

The 3G iphone was sold on it's 3G, and 3G alone. And you're obviously deluded if you think people should just 'give them a little time'.
    I do have to agree upon what you stated here... we all thought the 3G was ready for the 3G service and apps when it was released....
    2008-08-22 09:04 PM
    what do you folks do to your phones? I have had 3 razrs in my family and all 3 still work. One was found on the street and had been run over. I did replace theftont screenbut the internal allworked great. 2 of the razrs went thru the laundry and after being dried out, work fine.
    iPhone 3g maybe it's not perfect. But I have had great service showing no bars. It will all get straightened out. 3g is the least of my complaints. I can't seem to send email out of the blue. It was working great and now I'm away from home and can receive email but I can't send.
    2008-08-22 09:12 PM
    I always hear everybody complaining about it. I'm almost certain it's not THAT bad, but as usual nobody can ever be happy.
    2008-08-22 09:16 PM
    The reception problems might be because of att, I wonder if people are having issues with 3g in europe
    2008-08-22 11:33 PM
    2008-08-22 11:46 PM
    yes uk are having problems with recpetion.

im on my 3rd iphone 3g now,and they suck. no if's or buts.

as for "NO ONES HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD" (caps by you, obviously because its an extra valid point)

to get the iphone 3g, i signed up to an 18 month contract. i get an ipod touch with intermittent mobile phone capabilities.

i am still happy with it as a phone, but compared to the 2g the general build of it is crap. i mean, ive had 3 now. first one got dust under the screen, second one had a wonky screen (fraised one corner more than others) and had terrible reception problems, a new phone seems to have fixed that but in the dark my ear speaker glows, well, half of it glows, where the speaker guard or whatever behind the grill isnt fitted properly.

at the moment, paying a MOBILE PHONE contract for a device which chooses when it wants to work as a mobile phone is a bit of a con? and yes, O2 are holding a gun to my head, unless i cough up 560 im stuck with it.

AND

IM NOT SURPRISED YOU STILL HAVE A 2G IPHONE BY THIS THREAD
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2008-08-23 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD