User Tag List

At first i thought it was just the music portion, but it turns out it is everything related to sound is not working. I know it is not the speaker because it did this once before (but I am not sure how I got it working again.) When I try to play a song, the volume starts at the lowest position possible. After I turn it up and press play, the play icon just glows and it does nothing. Any ideas of what to do (other than restore it)?
    2008-02-09 06:46 PM
    I have the same problem but mine is hardware related. MY headphone jack is damaged.maybe yours is also? I basically have to use speakerphone. or plug in my headphones and then its mono. I'm not sure if yours could be software related.
    2008-02-09 06:53 PM
    I had problems with my audio too i found out it was on the phone jack what i did is plug and unplug the headphones and blow many times in the phone jack and suddenly it work
    Last edited by jamesatl; 2008-02-09 at 08:54 PM.
    2008-02-09 08:52 PM
    Help!!! It is doing it again....and I have even done a full reboot and still keeps on doing it.....What is causing this? I can't use my phone at all because of this (there is no sound whatsoever)
    2008-03-28 01:54 PM
    I had a problem similar to this and I think it was because I installed an app to boost my volume and it was very glitchy after uninstall and a reboot I was good
    2008-03-28 03:28 PM
    Restore.
    EDM
    2008-03-28 04:12 PM
    Before you restore do a Settings > general > reset > reset all settings to see if this will fix your problem.
    2008-03-28 04:14 PM
    I have restored mine 3 times and each time it works for awhile, but then does it again....I tried the 'reset all settings' fix and the 'plug/unplug headphones' trick and neither one helped....
    2008-03-28 05:57 PM
    Yeah.. unfortunately it happened to me too

it's stuck in headphones mode and I tried all of the solutions (plug in/out, play ipod, reset, restore) I'm convinced that it's a hardware problem but I don't live in the US and have unlocked it so I can't take it to apple :S
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button
    2008-03-28 10:14 PM
    Ye, it happened to me too. It fixes by itself in a while, it may take 2 days, but also it can take a month. It happened to me twice, the first time it last like a week, the other time i last more like a lil more than a month.

Regards,
    Hirosaki
    Last edited by Hirosaki22; 2008-03-29 at 04:28 AM.
    2008-03-29 04:15 AM
    try reset all settings again.. if not i would do a clean install. There could be conflicting software causing this. if your phone is jailbroken, you may have to restore it to it virginal settings, wiping everything and then see if it'll work. This happened to me and I begrudgingly had to do this now all is well. Good luck.
    2008-03-29 04:49 AM
    Yeah.. unfortunately it happened to me too

it's stuck in headphones mode and I tried all of the solutions (plug in/out, play ipod, reset, restore) I'm convinced that it's a hardware problem but I don't live in the US and have unlocked it so I can't take it to apple :S
    use a can of dust off and blow it into the headphone hole, it usually helps move the part inside that is stuck. hope this helps.
    2008-03-29 07:54 AM
    I had a problem with my sound before also. Try this, plug in some headphones and play music through your phone. Pause the music, then unplug the headphones (DONT unplug the headphones while the music is still playing). See if it works.
    2008-03-29 10:38 AM
    for awhile i thought I figured out what the problem was .... i uninstalled a few things and the sound worked again....i thought it was the mecca patch i had installed, since that one was of the things i uninstalled yesterday and then it worked again. However, today it is doing the same thing again......any suggestions?
    2008-03-29 05:54 PM
    i got the same issue twice.

the sound just malfunctioned out of sudden.
    and i have to reset my settings everytime which is a hassle.

anyone can provide a fix for that?
    2008-03-31 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD