Every time I want to send a text message I have to go completely out of text messaging, pressing Messages, then home key to get it to stop lagging. It's crazy bad too... like it takes forever to load the letters. I don't know why it is still doing this, it never lagged on Safari or anything else just text messages. Maybe it's the way I turn my phone off when I send a text. After sending a text I just press the power button to turn off the screen, should I just let it dim and turn off or what? Any suggestions.. I am running the latest firmware and it's pwned using QuickPWN...

Thanks!
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic
    2008-08-24 07:05 PM
    What firmware are you running? Pressing the power button is the correct way to lock the phone.
    2008-08-24 07:55 PM
    im not sure how to fix it but its definately happening to me, and its not only during texting. sometimes on safari as well. im on 2.0.1 jailbroken. i hope theres a fix for this soon, its really annoying to have to wait for lagging letters
    2008-08-24 07:55 PM
    my keyboard only lags when I have one of the keyboard hacks on (mac air or glossy). After I took them off, my phone has been smooth and fast.
    2008-08-24 08:33 PM
    I'm running 2.0.2... it might be because I have the keyboard hack on... I'll try taking that off and see if it fixes it. Thanks questioncom for the info.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic
    2008-08-24 09:21 PM
    I get that, I have been deleting apps and changing settings to try and figure it out. Atm I have decided its the email settings, I had 5 in there 3 on fetch and 2 on push, I disabled all but my main one and so far everything seems ok, this has happened before though so no idea if this is really the cause or something else. I am running firmware 2.01, iPhone 2G. hope that helps
    2008-08-24 09:25 PM
    I've only got 1 email setup and I have it to manually check so I don't think that's the problem. I think it might have been the keyboard hack. I don't know for sure yet, but I opened up a new text and typed and it hasn't lagged yet....
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic
    2008-08-24 09:33 PM
    ye im running 2.0.1 and my keyboard lags but only if i have lots of apps installed from appstore.
    but it laged even more on 2.0
    iPhone 2g scammed on ebay
    year and bit later ebay have finaly given me the money back.
    2008-08-24 09:44 PM
    hmm well its not that then, I have no keyboard hacks either. Mine was so bad I could tap out a sentence and spend the next few minutes waiting for the letters to finish catching up....
    2008-08-24 09:51 PM
    I've only got 1 email setup and I have it to manually check so I don't think that's the problem. I think it might have been the keyboard hack. I don't know for sure yet, but I opened up a new text and typed and it hasn't lagged yet....
    its def the hack. after i removed it a while back, my phone has been great.
    2008-08-25 02:33 AM
    its def the hack. after i removed it a while back, my phone has been great.
    well i have this problem as i stated before and i dont have the keyboard hack. i dont know what it could be on my end...so anyone with any ideas let me know know...
    2008-08-25 04:15 AM
    I didn't completely delete the hack or anything, I just turned it off and mine still lags. I'll delete the keyboard hacks and see what's going on. I thought the 2.0.1 patch was supposed to fix this problem.. guess not.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic
    2008-08-25 09:23 AM
    thats strange as im running a theme and macbook air keyboard theme and no lagg at all. 2.0.1 pwned too.
    2008-08-26 03:54 AM
    What helped me was I turned off the keyboard sound.

2.0.1 minimized it a lot though. Upgrading to 2.0.2 as we speak so hopefully it gets even better.
    2008-08-26 04:42 AM
    I never had a keyboard lag on 2.0.2 until I installed dock. That messed up my email settings too. After uninstalling dock things were slit better but not like before. Today I was fooling around and decided to try to change my boot logo with Quickpwn. I read a post where you could replace boot and restore logos without changing anything else. Well that worked, but better yet, my email seems fixed and the keyboard lag gone and all my mods and apps as still as they were.
    2008-08-26 04:52 AM
    OMG YES MINE DOES LIKE 2/3 TIMES. IT IS SOOO ANNOYING. i dont have any hacks or anything. it just sucks. i get like really happy when it doesnt like its some sort of miracle lol
    2008-08-26 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD