Hey,
    I am completely new here please help me.
    I would be getting a new iPhone in a week or so. Not sure if its 2G or 3G.
    I know there are many jailbreaking softwares QuickPWN, WinPWN. But I don't really know if they would work on my new one. I have to jailbreak as well as Activate it.

Please provide me with the necessary links and readings and Close this thread once you all are done with helping me.

Thanks

Waiting for Replies.
    2008-08-25 03:26 AM
    Welcome to the Iphone community.
    Seems like you have been doing some readings. That's a great start.
    This is a great place for you to learn and tweak your iphone.

Everything you need to know is on here. The SEARCH button works really well...trust me..you will find your answers.

It's better if you have the phone in-hand. So in the meantime, read up on Jailbreak, Unlock, Cydia, Installer, OpenSSH, SSH, .... these are the key ingredients...just get familiar with these..and you'll be fine.

Welcome once again. Happy modding.
    2008-08-25 03:34 AM
    Thanks for the Welcome.
    I read almost everything. But somewhere I read unlocking isn't possible on new iPhone 3G. can iPhone (original) one be unlocked using the latest firmware.

Thanks.
    2008-08-25 06:16 PM
    Yes - any version of the original iPhone firmware can be unlocked.
    2008-08-25 06:22 PM
    Vow..so is it that only orignial iPhone can be unlocked?
    What about iPhone 3G? Can it be unlocked to work with any SIM!?

Thanks.
    2008-08-26 02:30 AM
    The 3g can be unlocked nut only by buying a little device that attatches to the som card, search and you'll find more about it, as far as I am aware this works up till FW2.0,1 but doesn't work with 2.0,2 yet, I may be wrong with this but I don't think so, the best advise has already been givan and that's search the forum, you'll find everything you need on here somewhere. By the way Welcome and enjoy moding your phone when you get it.

IphoneCrazy

The 3g can be unlocked nut only by buying a little device that attatches to the sim card, but tjere is no softeare unlock yet. Search and you'll find more about it, as far as I am aware this works up till FW2.0,1 but doesn't work with 2.0,2 yet, I may be wrong with this but I don't think so, the best advise has already been givan and that's search the forum, you'll find everything you need on here somewhere. By the way Welcome and enjoy moding your phone when you get it.

IphoneCrazy
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2008-08-26 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-26 03:23 AM
    I read the WinPWN 2.5 could unlock iPhone 3G.
    Please help me fst.. my iPhone has stuck because of that..
    2008-08-31 10:39 PM
    iphone 3g cannot be unlocked and winpwn wouldn't have unlocked an iphone 3g for you. the option would have been grayed out. what exactly is wrong with your phone right now
    2008-08-31 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD