Im not sure if it worked after I upgraded and jailbroke 1.1.3 but for some reason it wont save my pictures in the camera roll. Ill take a picture and itll just show a black image. I did install Screenshot and created a folder 100APPLE where it told me to (through iBrickr) so it would put the screenshots in my camera roll but now my pictures I take wont go in the camera roll. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem?
    2008-02-11 06:04 PM
    when you take say 5 pics in a row and go to the camera roll does it have 5 blank images. Then when you click the image does it crash to the springboard? Or does it do something else?
    2008-02-11 06:24 PM
    Theres just 5 blank images no crashing no nothing. It acts normal theres just no pictures.
    2008-02-11 06:37 PM
    Dont think Screenshot is 1.1.3 compatible yet at least it wasnt when I checked last, did the camera work before you installed it?

Try unistalling and remove the directory you created.

The camera actually saves two images, the photo and a thumbnail sounds like you are missing the thumbnail which links to the photo
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-02-11 06:48 PM
    I cant delete the folder I created using iBrickr can I? Yeah I already uninstalled it. Still doesnt work and Im not sure if it worked before either.
    2008-02-11 06:52 PM
    Is your camera roll empty if you go do this. Take 5 pictures. Look at the camera roll. Then hit home. Then go back to the camera roll. Are all 5 blank spots still there?
    2008-02-11 06:52 PM
    install iphoneBrowser easily found via google, you can edit and delete easier with this application.
    2008-02-11 06:56 PM
    After taking 5 pictures and going to the camera roll there are 5 blank images. Then after I hit the home button and go to photos it says there arent any pictures there?
    2008-02-11 06:57 PM
    I cant delete the folder I created using iBrickr can I? Yeah I already uninstalled it. Still doesnt work and Im not sure if it worked before either.
    if your on a PC install iphoneBrowser, easily found via google, you can delete and edit and much more via that.
    2008-02-11 07:01 PM
    Aight Ill do that. Do you think that would fix it?
    2008-02-11 07:04 PM
    well you will get back to the basic state and it will be easier to debug
    2008-02-11 08:07 PM
    Sweet nevermind that fixed it!! Thanks guys!! Thanks for everyone
    2008-02-11 09:36 PM
    I had this same exact problem. Except mine crashed when trying to open a blank pic. I took pics. They were blank spaces in my camera roll, when I went out and back into it they weren't there.

What happened with mine was some part of the camera app got corrupted. After I restored the pho e several times it would still not work. Every time I restored the phone I reinstalled the backup. Whatever the corruption was it was saved in the backup. I had to restore and set up the phone as if it were a new phone. Then it worked perfectly.

If you haven't synched it since it got messed up you might be able to save it and restore from backup. But if you did I think you are out of luck.
    2008-02-11 09:40 PM
    edit. Nevermind. Congratulations!!
    2008-02-11 09:41 PM
    I had this same exact problem. Except mine crashed when trying to open a blank pic. I took pics. They were blank spaces in my camera roll, when I went out and back into it they weren't there.

What happened with mine was some part of the camera app got corrupted. After I restored the pho e several times it would still not work. Every time I restored the phone I reinstalled the backup. Whatever the corruption was it was saved in the backup. I had to restore and set up the phone as if it were a new phone. Then it worked perfectly.

If you haven't synched it since it got messed up you might be able to save it and restore from backup. But if you did I think you are out of luck.

I have the same problem as GimpedT, the camera roll just shows blank images when they have just been taken but when I go back to the springboard then to the camera roll the blank pictures are gone. I installed ScreenShot through Installer on my iPhone. I don't know what i have to delete...

If I replaced the camera app with a fresh copy would that maybe make it work?

Also if I try and delete an existing photo it goes until I open the camera roll next.
    And iPhoto opens when I plug in my iPhone but it doesn't show the iPhone photos, just my albums... Are all these things connected?

I never had these problems when I used dev teams unlock, but now that I restored to 1.1.3 to use ZiPhone I have many different problems...

Thanks to anyone who can help, or will at least try!
    Thanks, Matt.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-02-21 08:03 AM
    i have the same problem as matt4iphones, any ideas how to fix it?
    2008-03-15 01:34 AM
    i have the same problem as matt4iphones, any ideas how to fix it?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32461
    2008-03-15 01:32 PM
    Spam much...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-03-16 05:45 AM
    I had the same problem with my camera and tried this.. It worked great !!!

ssh into your iPhone and navigate to var/mobile/Media and issue this command.

chown -R mobile DCIM

No need for restoring or backups or anything.
    2008-05-30 01:22 AM
    Sweet nevermind that fixed it!! Thanks guys!! Thanks for everyone
    I have exactly same problem . Could you pls. Help me how can I fix it? Thanks
    2009-04-14 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD