Hey guys, I have an unlocked/jailbroken phone right now but for quite some time it hasn't vibrated. I've been postponing taking it into Apple since there had not been an unlock method out for 1.1.2 and higher OTB phones until recently. Its getting really frustrating missing calls constantly and I hear it shaking around in my phone all the time. I figure now that I can unlock a replacement, why not get it over with?

My question is this, will Apple look into the account name if I use my friend's ATT iPhone sim? I know that this vibrate thing is a somewhat well known issue to the genius bar because they seem to malfunction when the phone is dropped, so I'm hoping they won't look too much into it. Also, what would be the best way to get it back to stock settings? Should I just restore to 1.1.3 in iTunes and activate the phone with my friend's sim, then take it in?

Any help is much appreciated.
    2008-02-12 03:11 AM
    you are going to have to upgrade to 1.1.3 and activate with you friends sim. You may also have to take the phone into apple with the att sim in. This is what I had to do before a genius would even look at it. Other wise they may tell you that the fact that it is not working correctly is because you have the wrong sim card in it. So, I'd borrow his sim card for a day and everything. I know that I just had mine swapped out and they did not look into who had the phone or anything. They just swapped it out, re inserted the sim and activated it for me.
    2008-02-12 05:55 AM
    So they won't look up the name on the At&T account?

BTW, I'm planning on doing this: Getting his sim card, restoring my phone on iTunes, activating with his ATT iPhone sim, then taking it in for a replacement. What kind of questions did they ask you, and why did you need a replacement? Was it also a vibrate issue?
    Last edited by indiepenguins; 2008-02-12 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-12 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD