Ok guys, I seriously need some help. I unfortunately don't have time to search the forums for the answer here. I installed a few programs this morning using the Installer application. Unfortunately upon exiting the program I got the spinning wheel, but it wouldn't end. I eventually had to force reset the phone. When I tried starting the phone up again, the Apple logo was the only thing that would appear. I let it sit and after so long it turned itself off and back on, only to get stuck on the Apple logo screen once again.

Please, any advice on how to fix this would be EXTREMELY helpful to me. I don't think I can restore, so if that is your advice, then thanks for looking but please don't post.

Thanks everyone!

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.
    2008-02-14 05:21 PM
    You don't think you can restore? Why the heck not? Have you tried it? There really isn't anything you can do if you can't get into the phone. Some attitude you have for someone who "doesn't have time" to read the forums by the way. BUT, we will overlook this. You NEED to restore. I am betting that you will be able to do so, just stick it into DFU mode and go from there.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-02-14 07:00 PM
    You don't think you can restore? Why the heck not? Have you tried it? There really isn't anything you can do if you can't get into the phone. Some attitude you have for someone who "doesn't have time" to read the forums by the way. BUT, we will overlook this. You NEED to restore. I am betting that you will be able to do so, just stick it into DFU mode and go from there.
    Thanks for the "helpful" advice, but the reason I didn't have time to check the forums is because I worked 12 hrs straight today and I only have web access through my other cell. FORTUNATELY, I figured out a solution on my own, so if anyone runs into this problem, I have the solution. UNFORTUNATELY, in the process I got a little too delete friendly and accidentally removed the mobileslideshow.app which I believe is directly linked to the Photos and Camera on the SpringBoard, so I am missing the icons. I'm going to do some searching but if anyone knows where I can get the app for this to fix the problem, let me know. Thanks!

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.
    2008-02-15 04:51 AM
    Just wondering what the solution to your "stuck at the apple logo" is?
    I have the same problem after installing some apps today.

any advice ?
    2008-02-19 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD